No Sat Nav or Bluetooth Streaming in B8.5 S4?

Quail

B8.5 S4 Avant
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey guys, hope you can help.

I just picked up my B8.5 S4 Avant (62 plate, registered Jan 2013). I'm very much enjoying the car so far, but a bit disappointed with the MMI.

Unless I'm mistaken, the car doesn't have Sat Nav, and it doesn't allow me to stream music over Bluetooth (I assumed Sat Nav would be standard on the B8.5s, although I'm likely mistaken, but I was fairly certain Bluetooth streaming was standard on all B8.5s).

Am I being dense? I've attached some photos to help with identification of my MMI. Cheers guys!

1scl9jg.jpg

r7VWm4v.jpg

7O2sMHA.jpg

suyfvUW.jpg

qVqYd4L.jpg

vcOLPy3.jpg

What buttons have you got around the gearstick?

There are 2 or 3 different versions of setup for our cars, the 2g, 3g and 3g high i think.

Not all of the cars do come with nav etc, as with everything nowadays they are all optional extras.

Bluetooth streaming wasnt available on any of the versions, it is possible, but you need to buy additional bits to make it work.

Strictly speaking, "Audi Concert" radio isnt MMI at all, and doesn't have sat nav or bluetooth streaming.

You can upgrade to various versions of MMI, as a rough guide my understanding of MMI types are the following:

MMI 2G - uses same display as you have, but moves the controler in front of the gear leaver and brings Nav through DVD drive.
MMI 3G - uses a high resolution, larger screen and adds 2x SD card slots, plus a little joystick on top of the main scroll wheel. Nav is installed onto internal HD, which can also be used for 20GB of music
MMI 3G+ - as 3G, but adds a sim card slot inbetween the two SD card slots for live data services.

Hope thats helpful OP

Under Telephone --> Settings --> Bluetooth you are looking for Bluetooth Audio Player. You need this option for BT audio streaming.

I hope I'm correct on this one re: Concert unit. It certainly applies to the SatNav option.

Do you have AMI in glovebox? Im using tune2air bluetooth adapter, works perfectly if you have iphone, android works too but wont show song title on the screen.
My car has symphony radio but is very similar.

What if there was a way to completely bypass symphonys, concerts, MMI2/3G Highs & Lows, etc and (almost) instantly upgrade your B8 to a B9:

http://cloud.tapatal...ist(public).pdf

I've been following Daniel's progress for some time and what he has achieved almost single handedly is nothing short of exceptional... Have a look...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk