No Rice tonight? fleet services this evening

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi guys, i thought id post this in here, as the meets section seems pretty dead really!

is anyone going to no rice tonight at fleet?

ill be heading up there, going in convoy with a few people leaving rohams services eastbound at 7pm :)

if anyone sees me, come and say hello :)

ill be in a black 1.8T with a set of VW or porsche alloys in the boot!

cool!

are you still running the decat on your 1.8T mate? id be interested to hear just how loud it is? tempted to get one, but cant decide!

Fleet services.

In Fleet!!!!!

Oh thanks smitch!!

M3 south/west services 7.30 till 8 then!

Major amounts of water cooled Dubs down there, well worth a look. :icon_thumright:

Best nip down the garage and give the girl a quick rinse!:sly:

i just did that..... went to a jet wash place, where you wash it yourself, and its come back not really very clean still! its as if the ****** wash has just moved dirt around :(

ah well, needs a good polish anyway!

meh.

oh ok won't be doing that then! ;)

A car wash it is then! lol

he he

So did anyone else go?

Saw a massive amount of audi's... Not!

2x A3's 8L I am guessing one was Prawn and the other a Red A3 on S3 wheels. 1x A6 off road! Me in my X-reg. 1x S8 turned up to use the services with his family. 2x TT's and a A3 8P sportback!

Was good to see plenty of Mk1 golfs in all styles, striped out and slammed and rollcaged. The atmosphere was pretty quiet, relaxed and friendly, might pop down again next time and of course for dinner there was a choice of KFC or BK can't ask for any more!:icon_thumright:

Nice of the police to turn up in force, not that they did much apart from threaten to tow people. I don't think the services had ever had so many cars in their car park! :faint:

Do i open my self up for flaming since i can now be found hanging out at cruises? Ah well guess i will find out!:think:

Good suggestion Prawn, Thanks!

I went down in me A4, hardly any Audis just a metric **** load of Golfs, most of which looked crap :p We need to make more effort guys - mass invasion next time and take over one half of the car park just for audis.

I saw one ****** sexy S3 with carbon fiber bonnet looking stuff, and a red A3 which looked good too. ooooh and the TTs there where nice. I had to park in the hotel car park due to getting there late, but I think somone snapped my motor when they saw the ASN badge on it so maybe some photos will turn up :p

The best part of it was laughing at the people who had come to legitmatly use the services unable to move through the car park due to it being so jam packed. Saw some poor old dear trying to navigate through a sea of lads.

i think it all got a bit out of hand last night! thats the biggest meet there has ever been apparently, it was so busy!

i saw one car from the forum- cant remember the guys name, it was the black facelift S3 with porsche wheels and a Bra across the bonnet-it looked gorgeous!

i THINK i may have seen you driving through thr crowd Jam.

perhaps next time we need to arrange to meet up somewhere at fleet!

I'll try and rally up some of the A4 guys next time, I think it would be worth a few of us trying to get there early enough to park up near each other. I was hoping to have a chat with a few audi owners about some mods I'm planning on getting but didnt see any other A4s there and a couple of A3s but there was no one next to them to chat to when I passed.

Aaah well

I would've come down but i had an appointment with a nice young asian lady and some beer.

I do try and get down if i can, last time i went was October though. :(

Well I guess you guys managed to see cars i missed! Opps

I was parked over on the first row, so was away from everyone else! But as Rich said you couldn't drive any where, cars double parked every where! It looks like the services got the ****, because of the lack of emergency access! So if the petrol station went up in flames, there would have been no access for the fire service since we where all inside eating KFC! opps

It looks like they might have to move the cruise at the moment, so watch this space!:sorry:

Prawn said:
i THINK i may have seen you driving through thr crowd Jam.

Someone saw me in my x-reg :)

About 9.40 is guess, when i wimped out and went home! :lazy:

yup! thats the one! saw a gorgeous X-reg S3 driving through the crowd around the time!

were you over by the entrance? there was a lovely black S3 over there with porsche rims, but nothing else that i saw!

next time, we should make an effort, get there a bit earlier, and decide which area we are going to try and park in.

there was a TT there with some seriously interesting wheels, and tiny pillar mounted wing mirrors, looked gorgeous!

Yeah, I wasnt sure about those mirrors though, i thought they looked pretty dumb but each to their own ;D

oh no the mirrors looked dumb! i quite agree, how are you ever going to see anything sensible from them?

the wheels however, i thought looked awesome, what were they?

there was a VERY nice silver S3 in the hotel carpark, pre face-lift but with faceligt lights, blue callipers and some A8/S8 wheels i think? painted anthracite, looked incredible!

be nice to see more audis there next month!

Yeah, will see what happens as there's rumours that Fleet services arn't happy with us holding it there now after some complaints. Apparently police turned up after I left? Anyone know what happened with all that?

Once I get some decent mods done on my A4 I'll be more inclined to make more of an effort and get up there a lot earlier, esp if we get a lot more audis up there. tbh once you've seen one golf with a loud exhaust and over the top rims you've seen them all ;)

Prawn said:
yup! thats the one! saw a gorgeous X-reg S3 driving through the crowd around the time!

Yep be me then, ploughing through the crowds!! Yeah i was parked over by the entrance, nice and quiet there! I missed the S3 with Porsche wheels, dam i missed a load of cars gutted!

Saw a VW T4 Carvelle on Porsche rims!

I couldn't make it this month had a date with a gorgeous little blonde girlie. Will be there for april though..

Rich said:
Yeah, will see what happens as there's rumours that Fleet services arn't happy with us holding it there now after some complaints. Apparently police turned up after I left? Anyone know what happened with all that?

Once I get some decent mods done on my A4 I'll be more inclined to make more of an effort and get up there a lot earlier, esp if we get a lot more audis up there. tbh once you've seen one golf with a loud exhaust and over the top rims you've seen them all ;)

I can't imagine fleet services asking the no rice meet to move on. It must bring in a lot of money for them and it's not like everyones doing burnouts.

Randomjim said:
I can't imagine fleet services asking the no rice meet to move on. It must bring in a lot of money for them and it's not like everyones doing burnouts.

Fair point i guess, some serious business would have been taken at BK & KFC!
But you couldn't move in the car park, wall to wall cars it was packed! Cars where parked every where, hotel car park, access road, they where double parked, in disabled bays,on the grass it was jammed! Plus the duty manager looked ****** last night!! Lets hope its ok..

I should be there next month 11/4 from memory!
Plan early this time

i missed this post

was there in my S3 silver car anthericite s4 avus 2 wheels
but got stuck with parking in the hotel car park as it was soooo
busy

the black car with the porsche wheels that i used to have on mine!
users name is bridger i think

would have kept them but did'nt look so great on a silver car!

Keith

Next time lets all get there at like 7 if people can make it, and try and mark off one lane of spaces just for audis or somthing? give those boring *** golfs a run for their moneh :p

sounds like a plan! sadly, i dont think il be around for the april meet, as im down at home over easter!

sorry guys :(

ill be at the next one though, by then ill have the beasty remapped and lowered :)

Yeah Keith is right, the black one on the porka splits is mine. :icon_thumright:

Was the biggest turnout there i have ever seen, proper good , look forward to next month :respekt:

Bridger said:
the black one on the porka splits is mine.

you sir, have one the nicest looking cars i have ever seen, in my entire life!

there was something about it, parked in the corner at no rice, which had a presence far greater than any super car ive seen, it just somehow looked evil, and not to mention absolutely beautiful!

i saw you comming out of the services, but didnt say hello as you were with a load of mates, and im mearly a humble A3 driver :readit:

Thanks for the kind comment mate, if you see me next time come and say hello :icon_thumright: