No Remote CL on R Reg 1.8T sport

keendean

Reaction score
I've got a Dec 97 R Reg 1.8T it has the full alarm and CL, when you lock the door with the key the indicators flash, I presumed when I bought the car it would be remote CL, my mates Audi Tdi A3 1 year later has this option. Does the car have the car have the RF transmitter, but I just don't have the fob? I'm going to Audi next week for a service but don't want to get ripped off. My mate told me he could fit a remote cl and wire it in part of the original alarm, but would rather go down the proper route if poss.

Does anyone have any info? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a 1998 R 1.8 NA and it didnt have a remote for the alarm either. I bought a kit from Vagparts that wires straight into the loom.

Mine doesn't either, but it doesn't bother me!

As Khufu says, there are kits available from Vagparts which look easy enough to DIY.

HI

As I posted previously I have exactly the same car as you 1997 r 1.8t and yes it came with remote CL and alarm.

Therefore I would presume that you need a new fob

Good luck

Jimbo

Mine came with it too... But i do believe that RCL was an option...

Rich

cool I'll ask the dealers next week, I defo need a chip it's starting to feel very slow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Service first, my first exp of an Audi dealership, I hope they don't rip me off

They've worked out very good value, it's covered 40k miles with a full audi history so I wanted to keep it audi if poss. Local Audi wanted £400+, I called about and found another dealership who are doing a deal on cars 5 years plus, so the service is half price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll have a word next week.