NO RECEPTION

GSXpress

Reaction score
My Symphony Head Unit has stopped picking up radio channels but the CD player works fine. I have checked the aerial connection on the back of the head unit and at the aerial and these both appear to be ok. Any ideas?

I had exactly the same problem and it sounds like yours is also related to the signal booster.

The booster circuit board is built into the bee sting aerial base and in my case the central core wire had corroded and come away from the circuit board. The solution was to remove the aerial base (you can access it by removing the rear courtesy light cluster and undoing the aerial retention bolt) and then re-solder the wire to the circuit board.

For good measures I would pack the whole circuit board with dielectric grease to stop water ingress > further corrosion. In my humble opinion it is very poor design to put such a sensitive component out there exposed to the elements.

Carlos

Hi
Sorry to hijack this thread but in an effort to improve my radio reception, I have just removed the b-sting aerial base but cannot find a way into the booster circuit board.
Does the unit slip out of the black shroud when the 2 screws are removed or do you have to force it? I really do not want to cut the coax or the power cable cos there is little or no slack to make a new connection.

Just had mine off and i can confirm that the booster circuit just slips out of the black casing once you have undone the 2 screws.

Problem solved.

I eventually traced the problem to a dry joint in the aerial switching box located ontop of the sub enclosure.
Thanks for everyones help.