No rear sound.

Faulty

~~~~~~
Reaction score
Ive just installed a new Blaupunkt Memphis MP66 in my B5 using a wiring connector(PC9-401) and a aerial adaptor(PC5-52) and everything seemed fine till i noticed i have no sound from my rear speakers. Ive tried fading the sound to the rear but get nothing.
I thought using the adapter would be a simple case of 'plug & play' as it would allow the rear amp to work(i know its crap but it will have to do for now)
Hope someone can spot my problem?

It may be worth connecting the old HU up again just to confirm the amp was working. Just rules out the chance of you tugging something loose during the install.

There a thought. Ive just spent the last 3 hours in the dark trying to slove the problem to no avail.
Will have another go tomorrow

I hate that like, when you end up fumbling about in the dark trying to resolve something thats very easy in daylight.

If it works with the old one try coming up with a makeshift adapter to substitute for the one you bought. Just work your way down the chain.

I always forget myself, but the fuses are a great place to start looking for faults. Not sure it will help in this case though.

Yeh i screwed up so many times and had way too many head slapping moments!
One example is i had it all wired up but it was failing to switch on.
Took it all apart again only to realise i didnt even have the key in the ignition. ******* donut!:banghead:
Its just a nice reminder of how much of an amateur i'am really.

I'd be no better I'm sure. I have an RNS-E sitting on the living room floor ready to install so expect to see lots of similar threads from me in the near future.

You shouldn't need any sort of adapter for a Blupunkt HU install as they use the same mini-ISO connectors that Audi use for the feed to the rear amp.(Blaupunkt made the Audi HU's up to 2000).
All you're missing is probably the remote 12v feed to the amp to switch it on with the HU. Ditch the adapter and just plug the Audi wiring straiht into the back of the Memphis.
Post a photo of the back of the HU.

jonmusicman said:
Good luck! How much did you pay for it? Was it off ebay from Lithuania?
I actually bought it from jarastech who are alledgedly based in Ireland. The money was paid to an Irish bank account, however it was delivered from Lithuania. But I really have no complaints.

Listing

The guy has stopped using Paypal though so paying for it was a hassle, having to do an international money transfer. On the plus side though, the lack of Paypal kept the price down and I got it for the maiden bid of £390. I've watched his things selling for a while and he has 100% feedback. It cost me £25 to make the transfer though but he split the cost with me and just told me to reduce the amount I sent.

AndyMac said:
You shouldn't need any sort of adapter for a Blupunkt HU install as they use the same mini-ISO connectors that Audi use for the feed to the rear amp.(Blaupunkt made the Audi HU's up to 2000).
All you're missing is probably the remote 12v feed to the amp to switch it on with the HU. Ditch the adapter and just plug the Audi wiring straiht into the back of the Memphis.
Post a photo of the back of the HU.

Ok ive removed the adapter and the rear speakers are working now ive came across a worse problem.
The HU works fine with the ignition on but as soon as ive started the car the speakers make a nasty screaming noise. All the fuctions of the HU still work but get no sound other than the screaming.
What the hell have i done?

Is it alternator whine or something worse?
Is it all speakers or just the rears?

If it's just alternator whine from the rear speakers then try earthing the chassis of the HU to the chassis of the car, the Audi earthing is notoriously bad.

AndyMac said:
Is it alternator whine or something worse?
Is it all speakers or just the rears?

If it's just alternator whine from the rear speakers then try earthing the chassis of the HU to the chassis of the car, the Audi earthing is notoriously bad.

Well it only starts the second i start the engine but its all the speakers.
Its just like a loud buzzing.
I'll check the earth as the HU didnt have a decent screw hole to attach the earth wire as you can maybe see from my pictures.

Ahhhh you know i never thought of that! My last HU used a screw in the back so for some reason never tried anything else.:thumbsup:
I'll give it a shot.
Thanks!