1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No rear door speakers

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Solo12, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Solo12

Solo12 New Member

I have bought an A3 2011 8PO
    I didn't realise for a little while the sound system is really basic only front door speakers,
    I would like to fit rear door speakers and base as in a standard model but i have no idea about running new cables as non exist at the moment, I know there should be a base speaker fitted maybe in boot area,
    can anyone give me some info on what i need??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

My 8P only has front door speakers too. I don't think you'll find a sub in the boot as it's the basic system (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I fitted an aftermarket HU, sub and upgraded the front speakers in mine. Still none in the back and sounds great!

4. andyz

andyz New Member

Hi Zak, mine is the same front and nothing else. Just wondered what setup you went for and the approx cost. The drivers door speaker doesn't work at the moment I think due to a wire snapped in the rubber boot when the door closes, So I either need to buy a new harness and thread that through, fix the existing snapped wire or cable a new setup to new aftermarket equipement.

Any thoughts on this would be most welcome.

Cheers

andy

5. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

Hi Andy,

Ok so rough calculations if my memory is right!

AppRadio 2 ~£300
    JL Audio front components £80
    JL Audio amp 2nd hand ~£50
    Infinity Sub ~£80
    Sub box ~£30
    Wiring ~£15
    Adapters ~£50

I think thats about right? Very pleased with the setup and it definitely didn't cost a bomb! :thumbs up:

See if you can find the source of the speaker problem, I didn't replace the speaker wires as it does seem like a pain to thread them through!