1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No radio reception aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by x1nick, Jun 2, 2012.

1. x1nick

x1nick Member

Hi

I have converted my single din dash to a double din and fitted some very average kenwood double din unit (it was free! RNSe one day!!)

Anyway after having this fitted for 6 months I thought it would be time to sort the FM radio out and I have bought a PC5-137 Fakra Antenna Adaptor Filter to DIN
    Which after reading a few posts on here, seems to be the recommended adapter.

I connected the power lead to the aerial power on my head unit, have checked and this is outputting 12v, so it is getting power.

But I can't pick up any radio stations still, am I using the correct adapter? As there is another connector on the cars loom which looks like a more standard connector
    Bit like this one:

[​IMG]

Should I be using this instead?

Thanks
  2. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Yes I think you should be.... My Symphony unit used what is pictured. The RNS-e I have fitted now though doesn't.
  3. x1nick

x1nick Member

There pretty cheap on ebay so going to buy an adapter and give it a try, guessing it still needs powering though...
  4. Best84

Best84 Member

I have this issue also, never bothered me though as my aftermarket HU has ipod connection. But would be nice to sort it. I did exactly what you have done, but im using a different booster.

When i take the HU out and hold the aerial i get radio. But as soon as its back in there nothing :/
  5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter