No more BK for me.... Cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ QUOTE ]
Pimp,

You may find this hard to believe but I support a lot of what you say! (apart from what you have been taught about the history of India). As a law abiding citizen, from a legal immigrant family, you have every right to be here. It is also perfectly proper that you are taught, and identify more with your cultural heritage and homeland, rather than a piece of paper that says you are British.

Again I have no problem with that, it is an entirely natural and honest sentiment. It recognises that we are culturally different, and we don't have to pretend otherwise! But it does not mean that we can't both live together in 'my homeland' and 'enjoy' those differences. The real problem I have is with illegal immigrants, bogus asylum seekers, 'health' scroungers and those who want to live in this Country but try and turn it into their 'homeland',,,,,, to those I say 'go home' wherever that may be!

[/ QUOTE ]

And i have just as big a problem as you knowing that my taxes are being used to fund these scum rather then going on public roads, education, NHS etc etc, but whereas you have always differentiated between the different minoroties, unlike you some other people just lump us all together by saying 'all you asians', which is completly inaccurate. I think in general, you will find that the people with the biggest problem with the west and england are 99% muslim, whereas indians are perfectly happy to be here and respect and love the country. Becuase of this, there is probably an even bigger feeling of hate towards the pakistanis and other asylum seekers from the indian community then there is from the english community, becuase they make us all look bad.

As far as the history of india goes, well you only have to visit the tower of london to see the magnificant jewels (the Ko-hi-noor diamond for example) displayed as part of the crown jewels, and india and most indians will never accept they are englands, as far as we're concerned they were stolen from india, or more correctly 'duped' out of them. I'll admit i don't know every detail, but i know roughly the story.

pimp,

You are going on about people branding you all as Asians, however you are just as bad by calling all BRITISH people "ENGLISH"!

I'm WELSH!

Great Britain is made up of 3 countries, not just ENGLAND!

Last time I looked there were Indians and Muslims etc living in Wales too!

Just an observation....

I don't think so. Their way of thinking is just that if ANYTHING doesn't conform to their religion, then it has to be changed, regardless of what it is. They have a 'we're superior' mentality towards everyone else, hence the disagreements.

Agreed, this B.K guy is a C**K, personally i would have seen it as free advertising.

The way i look at it is if people are contributing to society, then they have every right to be here. Even more so than family whose roots are from here and don't contribute to society!.. i.e. CHAV scum!
imo, most countries with a mixed culture are thriving because of it. Imagine a country with no curry houses, chinese restaurants, kebeb vans. What would people do on a saturday night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

myzeneye are you racist mate? i think it is stupid that some daft ****** can confuse a ice ceam swirl on top of a ice cream cone as some islamic writing and i personally would have told him to f--k off and go to spec savers, Apparently some old age pensioners sh#t themselfs when mr whippy drives down there road with his great big islamic swirl on of his van especially when he turns his music on, but i think some of your comments are equally as silly as the asian bloke that moaned about BK. Apparently he has gone back to his own country think its called bradford

SOON BE CHRISTMAS, unless your asian or the ****** that started all this moans to the church perhaps there call it ramadan or something

pimp so if i was born in india with me being white would i be english or indian?

Obviously you would be indian. Don't confuse nationality with ethnic origin and religion.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously you would be indian. Don't confuse nationality with ethnic origin and religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just bein picky now, but dont confuse nationality with place of birth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was born in Bahrain, but i am a UK citizen...never been anything else! Just so happened my dad was based there when i popped out.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
Anand so how comes pimp isnt british?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, i am british as far as my nationality goes, if some random bloke asked me what i am i would say indian.

"Anand so how comes pimp isnt british? "
He is british, as he was born here and probably is a british citizen. But he as i would, also like to be considered Indian (just so we would not forget out roots).

Think there has been quite a mix up in the terminology used in this thread. But myzeneye is putting all asians in the fundamental muslim category.
All the different cultures in **** have very diverse ways of life, and generalising them is not on.

i cant beleive this sh!t has been going on all day.

bad choice of conversation i think.

[ QUOTE ]
pimp,

You are going on about people branding you all as Asians, however you are just as bad by calling all BRITISH people "ENGLISH"!

I'm WELSH!

Great Britain is made up of 3 countries, not just ENGLAND!

Last time I looked there were Indians and Muslims etc living in Wales too!

Just an observation....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if i did class british people as english (although i don't think i did, but can't be bothered to read thru my posts), then i'm sorry, my mistake. But i have tried not to use the word british, becuase just like 'asian' it is very broad as it incorparates a lot of races/nationalities/cultures, so i use the word 'english' becuase i am specifically talking about the english, not scottish or welsh or anything. I can't speak for people who live in welsh, be they muslim or whatever, as i live in england and know most about the affairs here.

Ps - Isn't GB actually made up of 4 countries not 3?

pimp see thats the bit i dont get, if i was born in india to english parents i would say im indian with english parents, so obviously then in sport you support india then? but your british not haveing a dig just cant work it out,

[ QUOTE ]
SOON BE CHRISTMAS, unless your asian or the ****** that started all this moans to the church perhaps there call it ramadan or something

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, judging by your posts u lack a bit of knowledge in the differences between religion and nationality/place of birth etc. and this confirms it. Christmas isn't a english/white/british/national festival, it is a religous christian festival, to celebrate the birth of jesus. So why would we NOT celebrate christmas if we're asian? As there are quite a lot of christians in ****, and a lot of asian christians. It has nothing to do with ur nationality whether u celebrate christmas or not, its to do with ur religion.

[ QUOTE ]
i cant beleive this sh!t has been going on all day.

bad choice of conversation i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as people can be grown up, i think its one of the most interesting conversations to have. We have to discuss it, as they are real world issues, that EVERY body is thinking about, if we can't even discuss it cos its 'racist', thats sad

pimp i do believe last year some stupid english christian schools wanted to ban christmas nativity plays decorations etc so as not to upset muslims

My boss at work is indian and he finds the way some of these people carry on ****** stupid and also beleives that it needs sorting out even if it means kicking some of them out of the country as the vast majority of muslims are'nt like that and as normal in or country its the mineority who spoil it for everyone.

so hang on then if my parents moved to india before i was born and i was conceived and born in india im english, this is confuseing, so how comes spike milligan was indian then and was trying to get 1stly a english passport but when declined chose to have a irish one as his parents where irish, jez im confussed now

[ QUOTE ]
pimp i do believe last year some stupid english christian schools wanted to ban christmas nativity plays decorations etc so as not to upset muslims

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and thats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif*in stupid, like i said thats muslims for u, i mean there are more religions then islam, non of them get offended, don't get me wrong i hate all these demands that muslims make, but then isn't it Englands fault just as much for not having any back bone? They complain about these immigrants, and yet bend over backwards to accomodate them, its an embarrasing situation, and even i feel the embarrasment and i'm not even as english as you. If this was France or spain or anywhere else, they would be told to fu*ck off. Recently in Australia leading muslims were demanding Sharia Law to be implamented, the prime minister said straight out, if you don't want to live by the current laws, the best thing is to get out. England has no back bone, and can't stand up for itself. Look at petrol, EVERY one complains about the price, yet when someone tries to do something no one supports it, and goes and panic buys, meaning even more sales and profits for the companies. If we all just supported it for a few days, and filled up NO petrol, imagine how much the goverment would have lost in tax, they would be forced to do something, so would the petrol companies. They did a similar thing in america years ago, and everybody supported it. NO-ONE brought any fuel for a week, people walked miles rather then fill up their cars. Eventually the government caved in and reduced tax. Ok thats not a very good example, but it shows my point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom is made up of Great Britain, and Northern Ireland.

[ QUOTE ]
My boss at work is indian and he finds the way some of these people carry on ****** stupid and also beleives that it needs sorting out even if it means kicking some of them out of the country as the vast majority of muslims are'nt like that and as normal in or country its the mineority who spoil it for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people say 'not all muslims are like that', genuinely through kindness. But trust me, being what u would call asian, i have probably had contact with a lot more muslims then most of you, and let me tell u that the majority ARE like that. Most of this people wouldn't think twice about killing their own children rather then going against their religion, and this is true as well, not an over-exagaration.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom is made up of Great Britain, and Northern Ireland.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea thats it, my mistake

pimp totally agree with you about britain haveing no back bone, and as for Bk would have told the person to go forth and multiply not just bow to one persons pressure, but like i said i cannot work out how some people can be born in the united kingdom and live here and state that there Indian, surely there a british muslim like wise someone born in india whoes relgion is muslim is a Indian muslim

[ QUOTE ]
so hang on then if my parents moved to india before i was born and i was conceived and born in india im english, this is confuseing, so how comes spike milligan was indian then and was trying to get 1stly a english passport but when declined chose to have a irish one as his parents where irish, jez im confussed now

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, yes ur right it is very complicated, so i will try and explain it as best i can.

Where u are born and who u r are both 2 very different things. I am born in england, but i am not english, becuase as far as im concerned im not white. U can be born anywhere in the world, but u will always be english. Just the same as it doesn't matter where im born, im indian, thats my race. So if u were born in india or outer mongolia, u would still be english, as thats ur race, however ur nationality would still be indian, but u as a person would be english. Even 10 generations down the line in this country, my family will still be indian, not english. When we say indian, we are not talking about nationality, but more who we are, our race. And the same for you. So like rich said, he was born in Dubai, but he isn't an arab, he is still english, cos thats his race, which is more important then your nationality, cos at the end of the day nationality is just your country of birth, not ur race and who u actually are, which is more important to most people. Who i am is more important to me then where im born, so even tho i'm born here and i love this country, i'm still indian, not in the sense that thats where my ancestors are from, or that thats my country, but more that thats my 'race'.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people say 'not all muslims are like that', genuinely through kindness. But trust me, being what u would call asian, i have probably had contact with a lot more muslims then most of you, and let me tell u that the majority ARE like that. Most of this people wouldn't think twice about killing their own children rather then going against their religion, and this is true as well, not an over-exagaration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I would imagine most of the muslims you have contact with are from certain countries...... Pakistan maybe.
There are muslims from many other countries that are not like this, for example parts of the balkans, mulsim states of the former ussr. A lot of these people are simply just trying to survive and i think its unfair to place them in the same boat as fundamental muslims.

[ QUOTE ]
pimp totally agree with you about britain haveing no back bone, and as for Bk would have told the person to go forth and multiply not just bow to one persons pressure, but like i said i cannot work out how some people can be born in the united kingdom and live here and state that there Indian, surely there a british muslim like wise someone born in india whoes relgion is muslim is a Indian muslim

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not muslim btw.

So ok if u were to move to india and have children there, would you consider them to be indian, or english? U would consider them still english, as being 'indian' means more then just being born there. Of course his nationality would be indian, but u would not look at him as a human being and see an indian guy. u would see an english guy, becuase thats his race, white english, but born in india.

if someone ask someone what they are on paper, they would say 'british muslim', as they are reffering to their nationality, which is british. Ask them what they actually are, in reality, as a human being, and they will say 'indian' or 'pakistani' or whatever, there is a big difference to what u r on paper and what race u actually are in reality, in your heart.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I would imagine most of the muslims you have contact with are from certain countries...... Pakistan maybe.
There are muslims from many other countries that are not like this, for example parts of the balkans, mulsim states of the former ussr. A lot of these people are simply just trying to survive and i think its unfair to place them in the same boat as fundamental muslims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, ur right, certain muslims, especially europeans ones, turkish etc etc, aren't on the same mentality. Its really only asian muslims, and arab muslims

[ QUOTE ]
So like rich said, he was born in Dubai

[/ QUOTE ]
Bahrain actually, but close enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cos at the end of the day nationality is just your country of birth, not ur race and who u actually are,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, really your 'nationality' is country of citizenship i.e British
Country of birth is meaningless in real terms.

fair comment pimp, what about sport then, scenerio ENGLAND v INDIA cricket obviuosly england would win at mo as we are Sh-t hot who would you support? bearing in mind your English, im assuming you would support India and thats the bit that in my eyes winds people up, personally im not bothered as cricket is boring and india hasnt got a football team, The point im trying to make is that Indian people moan that there british and have a right to live here but Asian people (not all) segregate themselves and can live here for say 40 years plus and still not speak a word of english, Your post earlier about english people moving to spain and turning it into a smaller version of england is very true and is one reason i do not holiday in spain but i bet that 80% 85% that have moved there have learnt to speak the lingo,

Crikey i sound like a right racist on my last post but what im trying to say is i think the reasons i put in previous post is why some people get really narked

This might help a bit more

Nationality, taken from encyclopedia:

"The quality of belonging to a nation, in the sense of a group united by various strong ties. Among the usual ties are membership in the same general community, common customs, culture, tradition, history, and language. While no one of these factors is essential, some must be present for cohesion to be strong enough to justify the term nationality. Used in this sense, nationality does not necessarily denote membership within a specific political state."

So our nationality and who we are has more to do with the above then just what our passports say. I can never be English, because we don't share any of the above ties, and if you are born in India, you can never be indian, because again you don't share any of the above things with Indians.

[ QUOTE ]
fair comment pimp, what about sport then, scenerio ENGLAND v INDIA cricket obviuosly england would win at mo as we are Sh-t hot who would you support? bearing in mind your English, im assuming you would support India and thats the bit that in my eyes winds people up, personally im not bothered as cricket is boring and india hasnt got a football team, The point im trying to make is that Indian people moan that there british and have a right to live here but Asian people (not all) segregate themselves and can live here for say 40 years plus and still not speak a word of english, Your post earlier about english people moving to spain and turning it into a smaller version of england is very true and is one reason i do not holiday in spain but i bet that 80% 85% that have moved there have learnt to speak the lingo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well if England were playing anyone other then India in any sport, i would support England. However, if they were playing India, i would support India, becuase as i've said i am indian regardless of where i was born, and so naturally i would support india, in the same way as the English people that have moved to Spain would still support England if they were playing Spain.

However if spain were playing anyone other then England then i'm sure the English people would support Spain. But if they were playing England in any sport, they would support England, even though they live in spain. Allegancies to your country go deeper then just where your born or where you live, it requires more then that to support a country.

Also, from my experiance in Spain, i found that barely ANY of the English embraced the Spanish culture, and that includes learning the language. We met and saw many English people there, who couldn't speak Spanish, becuase they didn't need to as everyone speaks English, cos everyone IS English. Also same with food, again they eat English food. Many spanish people complain about this, on TV recently a spanish guy said if they want to come here and adopt their culture there would be no problem, however they don't do that, they still think they are in England.

Also, i think most of the asians, especially Indians, do intergrate as much as we can, especially my generation (2nd gen). We all speak English, i haven't come across a single asian guy that can't speak English, unless he has just come to this country. Also, again using the example of if u moved to india, would you adopt Hindi? No you wouldn't, you would still speak English where you can, if anything you might learn Hindi just to be able to communicate with people where its essential cos they can't speak English, but it wouldn't be out of choice. Even with food, we eat your food (burgers, chips, pizza, english breakfast etc etc), and love it, more then we our own sometimes. But i didnt see any English people in Spain eating Spanish food, they would still eat their English food.

At the end of the day we are all stuck in our ways, and none of us will ever change much just becuase we go to a different country, but its not just us, its every race, the English are just as bad as when they go to other countries.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here actually eat BK products?

And if they do, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i love the Islamic icecream anyone tried it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah i love the Islamic icecream anyone tried it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats twice in 2 days you've said the funniest thing i've heard all day..

keep it up!!

My 2p....

It's a shame the British never thought of these people becoming countrymen before they invaded their countries for cheap slave labour and exploitation.

What was the first thing they did after they were invaded by the british and became part of the commonwealth?

Yep you guessed it they all came home....to the UK.

Here are a few facts from Newsnight a few days ago...
In 1950 there were approx. 3,500 Asian muslims in the UK. Today there is approx. 3,500,000.

They are now becoming more british than the ****** english!

I'm not having a go off the muslims, in fact I hate them as much as the rest of the minorities. (The Chinks are fine because I like their food)

So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.