1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No longer available from Audi!

Greg-S3 Jul 27, 2014

1. Greg-S3

Greg-S3 Active Member

Sadly my front bose speakers are crackling and I rang TPS to order a set but they aren't available anymore :(
    Does anyone know of a direct plug and play replacement for the front speakers?

Thanks

2. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

eBay?

3. rupe

rupe A3 TQS In Devon

Somebody posted a link for some replacements the otherday, pretty sure I bookmarked it, will have a look later when I'm in from work :)

4. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

That was me and here is the link:

JAM :: Pack of 2 JAM Replacement Speaker Driver for Bose 802 MkII & MkIII

They fit the front and also the drivers in the sub. Bargain at £21 each posted.

Crackling may not be the speakers, it could be dodgy transistors in your amp.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  5. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Strange...

I called TPS myself just the other day and they said they didn't have any on the shelf, but could order them in for me :confused:

6. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

That's news to me...

Bose have discontinued the speakers and have no stock themselves, so either Audi have residual stock or are now sourcing them from else where.

The ones I posted in the link above are every bit as good as the original Bose items though.

7. TheRunningMan

TheRunningMan Member

As above, try swapping the front speakers over to confirm it is the speakers not the amp at fault. I bought one from Audi about a month ago so they were still available.

8. rupe

rupe A3 TQS In Devon

I can still pull up a price from audi's system, so I'd say on that basis they are still available, although it's not always right! but @£38+vat from audi buying the ones in the link jim posted you'd be getting 2 for 1 :)

9. rajazed

rajazed Member

I have the standard system in my car. My fronts are crackling too. Would these be a straight replacement?

10. rupe

rupe A3 TQS In Devon

No they are for Bose systems and are lower impedance, non bose ones from Audi are cheaper £12+vat ish iirc. :)