No Log book any info?

kilojade

Reaction score
Did a deal on a new rs3 px with my 8p rs3. Went to pick it up Today and because I can't find my log book the wouldn't let me take the new car home :( even though I bought the car off them in the 1st place! And told them will call dvla and request logbook witch takes 3-5 days. Was fuming! At 1st they said they can take £500 holding fee until we bring log book in then the used car salesman came over and said can't do that anymore coz have had people never coming back with the log book. Anyway I called dvla today and ordered a replacement. Has anyone done this before and how long did it take to come?

Iv not ordered replacement.. But..

Didn't you ask when you was on the phone?

Can you ring them back and ask?

Don't know why you are "Fuming" as you were the one that lost it :sm4:. Having said that, it's no big deal and replacement is easy. Can take anything from 1 week to a month, depends how busy the DVLA is.

Reactions: Sandra
I don't understand why you're asking how long it will take, when you've already said it takes 3-5 days (which is the information given on the DVLA website).

Meanwhile, you've learned a lesson and will take better care of the V5 for your new car, yes? :)

Reactions: Sandra
I had to do a similar thing, but my log book got lost after I posted it to the dvla whilst transferring my private reg off the car I was selling, so had to order a replacement. Took over week for the replacement to arrive. But then had to resend it back to them to do the reg swap. But luckly the dealer took a £250 holding fee so I could still do the part exchange.

Shouldn't be too long, I transferred my new private plate online last Wednesday afternoon and the new V5 was there Friday morning.