1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No locking wheel nut key! Help!

Zonda_ Nov 2, 2009

1. Zonda_

Zonda_ Member

Just discovered I don't have the key for my wheel nuts, the place that was going to swap my wheels said they looked like original Audi ones and I could probably get a new one from Audi, they are a kind of splined design, think the opposite of a drive shaft and you get the idea.

Does anyone have a picture of their original Audi fit to see if they're the same or any ideas where I can get one?

2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

I don't have original Audi ones myself so no photo - but I did have this problem and my local Audi dealer had a master set. They sorted me out a new one.
    They'll also be able to tell you straight away if it's Audi lockers or not....

3. madmark

madmark Member

all i done is hammered a old socket on to them and undone them then bye a new set from wilco took 20 mins

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I had the same issue with my latest car, i accidently hammered a 14mm hex bit in there and they undid.lol

5. LordNelson

LordNelson Member

yeah, the splined bolt is the audi one, i have them on my car. so Audi should be able to sort you out if you want to keep them....or just do as i and many others have with the socket and get a new set

6. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Animals, the pair of you..... Lovin your work!! :thumbsup:

7. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

i have one i dont use as i have longer bolts now.i am only 10 mins away from you in eston.

8. Zonda_

Zonda_ Member

Cool, I work in Eston, can I pick it up sometime please?

9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

You are aware there are a few different varients of the Audi locking wheel nuts?

10. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

good point me old son,
    zonda just have a call in when you finish work and if its any good to you its yours i'll pm you my number

11. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

think there are 5 or 6 differnet keys, bit naff really but any locking wheel nut can be removed fairly easily.