1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No info to recode

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by imported_gherber3, Feb 28, 2005.

1. imported_gherber3

imported_gherber3 Guest

Hi,
    I've just got VAG-COM but have a bit of a problem. I've got a '99 TT and so far I've managed to scan for faults and reset them. What I want to do now is change some settings such as making the dash lights only come on with the headlights and to make the alarm chirp on locking the car. I've read that the code in the recode area of the control module tells you what options are switched on and off by virtue of a 16 bit binary word. However, I don't know where to find what each bit of the word (eg bit 4 - value 8 is lights on). Ross tech's site shows that a ballon comes up on the recode screen http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/recode_screen.html that tells you how to choose the options you want and work out what number to enter. Does anyone know if I should have this balloon coming up or do I need to work out the codes for myself.
    Sorry if I haven;t explained this very well, but anyone with VAG-COM experience will probably know what I'm rambling on about.
  2. dcallaghan

dcallaghan Member

I think the balloon comes up if your are using the latest software with a real VAG-COM interface, but i'm not sure.

Try downloading the latest software for your interface.

I'll see if i can find my list of settings and post later. From memory, you can add 32 to the central locking controller to lock the doors when you go above 10mph.
  3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I think you'll find this page and the application on it very useful. I use it all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  4. imported_gherber3

imported_gherber3 Guest

Hello Sotty,
    There was no link in your reply.

Thanks.
  5. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Doh!!

HERE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif