1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No fuel pressure

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MartayMcFly, May 4, 2012.

1. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[May 4, 2012]
    Car cur out last night, then wouldn't start. I thought it might have been flooded or something from me trying to get it going so left it over night. Tried again this morning, and same thing. Turns over but won't catch. Greenfalg just came out and confirmed it - no fuel pressure. They're taking it down to National Autocentre (they did my steering pump on the 8L... don't know where else to send it). Anyone had a similar issue? Is it likely to be a loose hose, or a dead pump?

On the plus side, I'll be tearing around in the Focus today... fwd plus rain = fun times!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 23, 2014]

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[May 4, 2012]
    I know that the cam follower has the bad habit of breaking. If so, than the fuel pump won't create the needed pressure.
  4. MartayMcFly

[May 4, 2012]
    I could really do without an expensive repair bill this month... stupid car. I bet it's just getting back at me for saying the brakes were the last mod for a while.
  5. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[May 4, 2012]
    Martin, it probably just be a knackered fuel pressure sensor, hopefully. This stops the engine from turning over. Fingers crossed it's something very simple, Bud. :wub: xx
  6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[May 4, 2012]
    My Dads Land rover doesnt start until you bump it down the road. they have changed the battery and starter motor, spark plugs and a whole load other stuff but still doesnt start in the morning unless its been bumpbed down the road. Its not a battery problem as attaching jump leads do nothing for it... interesting that Paulie says the fuel sensor could stop the engine from turning on...
    does the above sound like a symptom for the fuel sensor?
  7. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[May 4, 2012]
    One other nasty that can happen is the plastic connector where the electrical leads connect to the HPFP insert,can fracture across the top of the HPFP.
    This happened to mine......the car may or may not start,and if it does,it will run very badly indeed....basically the car has no idea of how it's being fuelled and simply may not run.
  8. MartayMcFly

[May 4, 2012]
    Don't have my internals fitted, I'm selling them instead and putting off Stage 2+. Still not heard from the garage, so fingers are still crossed it's a loose hose or a fuse or something.
  9. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[May 4, 2012]
    It's not the internals,it's the plastic connector at the top of the pump....worth looking and making sure it hasnt cracked.