1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No communication link to ECU 1.9 tdi 130 sport 53'

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mad4audi, Dec 12, 2013.

1. mad4audi

mad4audi New Member

[Dec 12, 2013]
    I have the dreaded ABS Warning light I know the modules shot however I've read on various forums that VAG COM will not communicate with the ABS module, but nothing about the rest of the Engine and other modules . I recently hooked up a Basic handheld VAG COM but there was no link ? What found be the cause of this ? As well as the usual Stop Brake Warning light the Engine MIL is on. I have recently purchased the full V 12.12 VAG COM VCDS with Hex CAN bus OBD ii lead but haven't installed it yet ( but being a novice wouldn't have a clue where to start or how to use it effectively (are there any sites that instruct on how to utilise and perform all functions ie coding etc. I know that I'm gonna have to get a replacement module or even attempt to repair the broken solders in the PCB (assuming thats all it is) of ABS module and will have to recode to refit on car. A y pointers would be greatly appreciated
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member

[Dec 12, 2013]
    To learn how VAG-COM works the Ross Tech site is a good place to start.Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour .Martins site has a lot of useful documented procedures relevent to your car. https://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/ .There are several reasons why you may not be able to connect to the car and a lot of themn could be nothing to do with the car at all. Do you have another vechicle you can try connecting too. Ross-Tech: FAQ .Karl
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Dec 12, 2013]
    If it's a handheld then it's not a genuine VAG-COM - their software only runs on a Windows PC. So what you have may not have a dual-K line capability, plus many of these devices are extremely unreliable - so the problem with not being able to communicate is more likely to be the device than your car IMHO.

Get that installed and get some decent diagnostic information that you can rely upon.
  5. mad4audi

mad4audi New Member

[Dec 12, 2013]
    Thanks peeps for the replies