1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No boost and whinning.

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5, B7 & B8 Chassis)' started by 20vtiny, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 20vtiny

20vtiny New Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    Hi all. I have a 2000 S4 that has got no boost and the car is making a whinning noise when on the power. It is not a whooshing noise so no split pipes. (I've had one of those). For what It's worth I think one, (or both) of the turbos is not spinning. But how do I tell which one? Can you remove the turbos whithout taking the engine out. Looks like I MAY be able to get to them by dropping the sub frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance. 20vtiny.
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Feb 23, 2010]
    Hi mate. Welcome to the forum. It's probably better to head over to the A4/S4 B5 section of the forum where the guys there would know abit more. Sounds like your turbo's may be blown?
  3. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

[May 7, 2010]
    my car had an epic boost leak, it was in limp mode, but the leak made no noises

go over it with a fine tooth comb to diagnose the issue before pulling it apart or throwing stupid amounts of money at it
  4. grizz

grizz Member

[May 9, 2010]
    Do a pressure test first ..If you have a loud winning noise i would say it's blown turbo ....... The engine has to come out to change the turbos ..