1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No alarm siren!?

sam4191 Apr 6, 2009

1. sam4191

sam4191 If In doubt, Flat out!

I decided to try and set my alarm off the other day, just to see what it sounds like.

I left all the windows down, and set the interior detectors with the button next to the drivers seat. Waved my arm in the car. The indicators flashed, but no alarm sound.

Does anyone know what this could be, or had this problem?

It's worried me since i found out. The horn works from the steering wheel ok. Does the horn act as an alarm siren?

any help appreciated!:think:

2. Mr K

Mr K Member

i think that might just how they are setup from the factory; both my facelift A4s have been setup like this.

i much prefer it to be honest. car alarms drive me annoy me, and just get ignored 99/100.

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Think the problem could be a flat battery in the siren sounder which is located in the drivers side rear wheel arch. The B5 alarm sirens are infamous for how rubbish they are.

I've heard pets fart louder.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Doesnt pressing that button on the B pillar disable the interior sensors?

Also, if the ultrasonics detect motion within a certain time of arming the alarm it will disable the ultrasonics too.

I'd leave one window open, and arm the alarm normally, without pressing any buttons. Leave the car for 5 mins then reach inside and see what happens.

5. landopanda

landopanda Member

i have the same problem my indicators flash but no sound, any ieas??

6. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

even flat batteries in the alarm sounder wouldn't stop it sounding. the batteries are only there to keep it sounding if the main power is cut.
    I pulled mine out completely as it was doing my head in going off by itself.
    I changed the batteries and it still did it.
    shagged

you may find that the original batteries have corroded the connections to allow it to go off at all.

Will sell you mine!! £10 its yours ;)

7. mankymanning

mankymanning New Member

If you still have this (and it fits a B5 Audi A4) then I am interested :)