1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No air from heater vents, climate display acting oddly?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 88A4v6, Jun 25, 2010.

1. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

[Jun 25, 2010]
    The car was fine last night, but when I turned it on this morning it wouldn't blow any air, hot or cold, from the vents no matter where I set the controls. If I set it to say, 27 degrees, and put the fan up full, nothing comes out but the fan speed indicator counts up to where I set it, then back to nothing, then back up to where I set it, and keeps doing this as long as the fan is turned on. Is this likely to be the blower itself, or the climate control module? I've no access to VAGCom to read codes or anything unfortunately. Air con is gassed up and was working perfectly yesterday - but even in economy mode or on hot settings, the same thing happens!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

[Jun 25, 2010]
    Quick update - disconnected the battery for a few seconds, reconnected and no change. Checked the fusebox and found a blown fuse - replaced it (15A) but it made no difference - think it's for the ciggy lighter.
    Any ideas? I'm stuck!
  4. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[Jun 25, 2010]
    Blower motors are a common fault when brushes wear, not sure about the module fault you describe thou.

If you remove the glovebox to access the motor and check connections with a volt meter to see if its getting power, if so the motor is needing replaced/brushes changed at least.
  5. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

[Jun 25, 2010]
    Aye, that'll probably have to be the next step - it's never been noisy so I hope the fan is OK and it's just the brushes. Still befuddled by the module display though, maybe when it tries to spin up but can't (because of the brushes), it does the "count up and down" thing to see if it can run at a lower speed? Bloody modern cars!:whip:
  6. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

[Jun 26, 2010]
    Found an American fusebox diagram on the net - suggested that it would be a 30A fuse. So went looking, found 3 of them, one burnt out and tada! Working blowers! Also replaced the burnt out 15A one and tada! Working cigarette ligher socket!
    Audi's own fusebox guide was wrong. Very chuffed, all fixed for less than a quid!