No acceleration pedal responce.

jan_s4_03

Reaction score
Need help please. Iv 2003 1.9 tdi avf Quattro a4. No resopnce to the acceleration pedal. Sounds normal when I start it. But when I hit the pedal traction control light turns on and coil plugs. And also I can hear some sort of vacuum and car goes to 1200 rpm. What can it be haven't looked at anything yet as brother was driving it. He said was grand all day. When he went to drive it after few hours parked up this happened. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You really need to get a diagnostic done to be sure of what's failing.
In the mean time.
Are your brake lights working? As the Traction Control & Glow Plug lights coming on together is usually caused by the brake light switch failing, but I've never heard of it stopping the Accelerator pedal working before.
Water ingress into the ECU caused by blocked drain plugs under the Battery & Brake Servo is another possibilty. Worth checking for damp carpet around above Pedals.

Update. Brother is driving the car he said it ran well this morning as he got into work pedal stopped working again. After few hour he went to get lunch worked fine again. Seems to happen only when worm.
Going for diagnosis today but don't think will show anything unless it happens there and then

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi

Could be a little late for this reply. I had similar issue last year during Winter. Was caused by a faulty throttle pedal. Its electronic. Moisture seems to get the better of them being evaporated from the footwell year after year. I removed mine. Very easy two bolts. Got a part number from it and bought a s/h one on ebay. I new one at the time was about £90 from dealer. There was some info on here somewhere about water getting in at the ECU box. SPent ages checking at and really was just the pedal. Simple plug and play

You can also take the pedal off, and clean the inside of the sensor.

It has a carbon track on the circuit board which gets dirty over time and prevents a proper signal from being received by the ECU.

Can be done with electrical contact cleaner in a spray tin and some soft cotton buds