1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NLW in the dialynx audi at the ring!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by nlw73, Aug 1, 2005.

1. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    chaps!
    had a mental weekend at the ring in our semi racing mk 2 golf. 200 bhp 2 litre engine, stripped out to 950 kgs with full tank, racing suspension, VR6 brakes and semi slicks! we were able to embarass a lot of machinery and a cheap way to have fun!!

and to top it all off I bumped into the owner of the Dialynx SWB audi coupe that was tuned and honed from dialnyx for hill climbing!

not sure if you have seen this silver, tatty, plastic bodied beast but it sounds like a group b car and goes like it too!

and we done 2 laps of the ring! I repsonded with a lap in the golf but not the same though taught him a new line or 2!!

jesus what a sound and what grint! it weights 1000kgs and we were running it in 'medium' spec ie 600 bhp! it can run 700 for the short sprints! I dread to think......

we went past everything like a knife through butter! even made mincemeat of quick bikes, Gt3s, turbos and caterhams and even the new M5 and M6 with 400 bhp

all the crowds were cheering as we blasted down into the pflanzgarten doing some hideous speed, with the anti lag on, flames going everywhere and THAT NOISE!!!

the grip it has was quite unreal and the lack of weight meant we could turn in so much earlier, brake so much later and be back on the loud pedal!

we even got some air at Pflanzgarten before banging into the right hander up the hill with the anti lag on full chat with that big KKK blowing away!

what an experience! one of my fave ever racing cars and I get a ride round the greatest track in the world in it! I have seen it a brighton speed trials, goodwood and then shelsy walsh and there there it was!

it was running 106 octane race fuel so very intoxicating and loud in the cabin...and very very hot!

but who cares as it was the chance of a lifetime and I will never forget it!

owner is a top bloke and lives near me in london so hoping to do some more track days with them!!

over and out and still laughing at the vids I took of it out on the road!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    Get the vids up dude!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Aug 1, 2005]
    VIDS UP MAN!!! Just reading your post gets the hair on the back of my neck up.

There is an old 5cyl Audi that goes blasting past my office every day - I am yet to see what it is, but I just go all cold everytime I hear that sweet engine on song. I can only imagine what that thing you went in must have sounded like!!

You lucky mofo!!

*cries*
  5. speedyp

speedyp Member

[Aug 1, 2005]
    Sounds like you had an amazing time & what a stroke of luck getting a lap in that car!

What lap times did you get in the Golf & the Coupe??
  6. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    done a 9 min 27 in the golf so not bad for first weekend at the ring! was a real ballsy lap too!

my mate who has done 100s of laps can get into the low 9m 10s!

I did have a bit of traffic so got bogged down coming out of bergwerk and the run up the hill to the carousel! you need power to get up there! the GT3s just feck off up there as do the bikes

no laps of the quattro round the ring as no filing allowed but got some great road action as we went off for some road testing..including 2 launches!!

will get the vids hosted and you will just love the noise!!

no idea what times we did in the audi as I spent most of the lap hanging on for dear life and just whooping and going 'FECK' all the way round.

I would imagine it could do sub 8 no problem! we hit 160 mph up the back straight! but it is a brick at that speed and you need more grunt really to push more times!

plus the water temps were getting very hot as it has no rad at the front! mental design as it keeps the weight at the back as the engine sits over the front wheels! damm these guys were serious about weight distribution!!

what a hoot!
  7. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    if anyone wants to get them dierctly from me then ping me at work if you like??

nwelch@webmethods.com

cheers

NLW
  8. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 3, 2005]
  9. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 3, 2005]
    Nice pics... and nice work with the backside shots! LOL
  10. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Aug 3, 2005]
    Nice bum shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif
  11. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 3, 2005]
    well it was rude not to boys!

the one in the jeans with black top was mint! you could crack nuts between those cheeks!!

NLW
  12. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Aug 3, 2005]
    Gutted movies are not working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  13. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
    That ass on bird in the beige/brown trousers is sublime!
  14. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Aug 4, 2005]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

STILL NO VIDS!! Why are the links not working?? :'(
  15. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
  16. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
    Loads of fast expensive metal then? Mostly German, I bet its fun in that Atom!
  17. myrichdad

myrichdad Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
    looks awesome.

you must have been there the same time as ben lovejoy, the guy who runs the 'ring site

www.nurburgring.org

'cos his pictures are of the same porsche - light blue one and the atom. he missed the highlight peaches tho' LOL.

must have been awesome - gonna go - but it will be next year at the earliest.... have to get GT4 soon tho'
  18. nlw73

nlw73 Member

[Aug 8, 2005]
    forget GT4.

the ring is SO SO much diff.
    the track in the game is too thin and all the turn in points are wrong in some parts

coming back from the ring and playing the game I did put in a lot faster times though!!

NLW