Nitrous on A6 4.2 Quattro

keytone

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've just joined this board and have just become a proud Audi owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is an Audi A6(2001) 4.2 Quattro.

I thought about tuning options and seeing as it's not a turbo, thought about the possibility of nitrous.

Does anyone know if i can nitrous this engine and if so, which kit and how much.

Appreciate any help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

If your serious about keeping the car for a while and want some serious power, then why not supercharge it? A twin turbo setup must see about 400-500 HP easy on a 4.2 V6. It WILL be very expensive though and take time to source the parts. The end result would be a seriously quick, but more reliable (than nitrous) car.

However, if its a sh!tbox, and you just want some quick, cheap and dirty fun then nitrous is probably the way to go (although its illegal for road use). Providing you dont mind it going bang without warning, you should be set for a few hundred quid.

depends what you want.

Thanks for the reply..

However, firstly, i have investigated the S/C route and this costs about 12 grand!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif so obviously that is out of the question (could have just bought an S6 for that money) and besides, i just want occasional S6 power without actually buying an S6 and therby not spending as much either on the car itself or the fuel costs.

Second, it is a mint car and i dont want to ruin it, just simply add say 50 or 75hp by using nitrous, and then only occasionally.

Previous searches have shown that there is a ZEX 'wet' kit that was being considered by an S6 owner but never heard any more.

I just wondered if there were any uk companies installing this kit and how safe it is with this engine (reliability).

On a final note, i keep seeing the name 'Wizard of Nos' in various nitrous related posts/enquiries and wondered if they were any good. But didn't know if they used 'dry' kits or not and whether this would damage my engine.

Please, any nitrous gurus out there, please help!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Try JBS they are nitrous boys and do some cracking vag tuning too,they have a excellent history with tuning,some projects completed r32 motor with nos in a mk2 golf,Lupo with 1.8t etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

a simple remap should get you 10% hp straight off, then you could perhaps investigate head work, cams and exhaust, should get you another 5-10% thats 340+hp now

if i were trying to keep a car mint i'd think twice about nitrous its basically spraying liquid oxygen into the engine , it is serious modification IMHO

Yeah i would not be too keen on fitting nitros onto my car. And i would never buy a car which has or has had it fitted.

I would just same your pennies and get an S6 or get a S4 2.7 and mod that.