Nightmare

Sorry for the confusion. Don't know what happened to that last post. I'll clarify:

I returned last night from what I thought was the perfect holiday on the Turkish coast. A wonderful week well spent and needless to say I took the A3. Covered 1600 kms in one week.

When I returned to Eskisehir this morning I took the car to the wash centre. While I was waiting the guy called me inside which I thought was unusual. Then I saw why. All of my car had been covered in small dots and flecks of oil based white paint. It was EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE. I had failed to notice this before as the car had been covered in a thick layer of dirt and **** from the journey. The area we had been staying in while on holiday still had some construction going on around it and the only explanation I can think of is that some idiot has been painting close to my car while it was parked in an area that was supposedly safe and recommended by the site security.

This paint is a problem. It is even on the rubber window seals, the wing mirrors, the windows and every panel of the car.

I just had the car detailed 3-4 weeks ago as you may remember. The guys at the detailers have said that it will take 500 Euros worth of cleaning to put it right. I want to do this through my insurance company. Do I have a chance with them? This is the company that is going to do the work on my car. They came highly recommended. Has anybody used them before?

http://www.ziebart.com/

Your thoughts on this guys?

Exactly the same thing happened to my Corrado. Parked at work (I work in a white building) and came out to find the building being resprayed white - along with my Midnight Blue VR6 !

Hate to break it to you but I had to go down the full respray route - managed to successfully recharge it to the painting company though. Good luck with the detailers though - they may be able to sort it as technology has moved on in car cleaning since it happened to me in 2001.

I think you'll be fine if you get a good detailer on the case. When it happened to me "detailing" wasn't even a word ! I'm no expert but a good claying might even knock the spots off it if they've set hard.

Good luck mate.

Exactly the same thing happened to my Corrado. Parked at work (I work in a white building) and came out to find the building being resprayed white - along with my Midnight Blue VR6 !

Hate to break it to you but I had to go down the full respray route - managed to successfully recharge it to the painting company though. Good luck with the detailers though - they may be able to sort it as technology has moved on in car cleaning since it happened to me in 2001.

Christ almighty! Was there no route you could take against the owners of the building and/or the subcontractor who was spraying it white?? Must have been some grounds for legal compensation?

Can't imagine how absolutely livid i'd be!!:banghead:

EDIT: Sorry, just read your post again...You DID recharge it to the painters. Thank f**k for that lol

Thats a really poor contractor. Some people just dont give a crap :(

If you can find out who it was i'd be getting something acorss to thier offices, maybe drafted by a solicitor :)

I just wish that I had noticed this before I left the holiday resort. Then I would have been able to do something. The resort is now 700 kms away and I don't think I stand a chance in getting it sorted by them. The insurance company have said that they will pay so no bother as I have already lost my no claim bonus due to the bike accident. Ziebart are confident that they can fix it with this Diamond Gloss **** of theirs. We shall see. They also give a 1 year guarantee with their work which is nice. I just worried about the rubber seals around the windows. Don't know how they will manage to cope with that but they seem confident.

Has anybody ever came across this Ziebart mob? They are supposed to be the best in the detailing industry. http://www.ziebart.com/

My insurance company say they will only work with them. I will keep you all posted.

I just worried about the rubber seals around the windows. Don't know how they will manage to cope with that but they seem confident.
Surely rubber seals are cheap to replace and the least of your worries. If your paint is repairable but your seals are not, I'd be pretty happy if I were you. I'd much rather have to replace a few seals than have to have a full respray.

I think I have struck gold here. The boy who will be doing the work on my car speaks the Queen's good English and has worked in Ziebart in the States. He says he will be able to get my car in better than showroom condition.

The car goes in next Monday to have all the magic worked on it so I'll take lots of pics to show you the results and the kind of set-up they use here.

:blackrs4:

Resim562.jpg

Resim560.jpg

Resim559.jpg

Resim557.jpg
Resim555.jpg

Too say I am heartbroken is an understatement. Just hope they can fix it.

Got the car back on Wednesday night and it is looking AMAZING. :yahoo:

I have to say that the guys in Ziebart did an excellent job. There isn't a single trace of the paint remaining. They polished the car up very well indeed. I also had the engine bay detailed, had an anti-bacterial wash for the interior and had some gear called Aquapel applied to the windshield. It reduces the need to use the front wipers and prevents **** from clogging on the window.

The polish and shine on the car is first class though. If any of you ever get the opportunity to use Ziebart I HIGHLY recommend them. :thumbsup:

Problem solved. I will get some pics up when I get a chance.

Cheers. :beerchug:

thats great, very happy for you.
so do you have new pictures? all we have are white spotty ones :)
BTW how much did it cost? (in YTL :) )

thats great, very happy for you.
so do you have new pictures? all we have are white spotty ones :)
BTW how much did it cost? (in YTL :) )

350YTL which amounts to about 160 odd quid.

They are offering reduced prices at the moment due to being newly opened in Eskisehir. I thought that was great value.