1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night shot

Jay4 Sep 17, 2007

1. Jay4

Jay4 Member

Went out for a quick mess around with the camera the other night. hope to go out and spend some time taking pics this week....will post results.
    [​IMG]

2. Jampublic

Jampublic Taking it easy..

Blue fog lights 6500k I guessing?

3. Andy D

Andy D Member

I'll be giving a couple of night shots a go once I get the car clayed and detailed, looks very good mate

4. Jay4

Jay4 Member

@Jampublic - nah they're not xenon, the photo has been played with after.
    @Andy - cheers, it wasn't planned at all. the car was stinking and just happened to have the camera.

5. Jampublic

Jampublic Taking it easy..

You mean to say you have yellow fogs!

Oh how disappointing! :(

6. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top shot! :icon_thumright:

The lights look really good. Did you put the stars on with the camera (aperture or filter) or did you do it in software?

What camera are you using? I might be teaching grandma to suck eggs but the way to get really good stars is to use a small aperture (anything about f/12 and upwards for really good results on a nice dark night) and longer shutter.

Gotta love night photography. I went out around Manchester for a few hours with a mate from work and a couple of lads from Awesome GTI and our cameras a couple of weeks ago and aside from hassle from a few drunks we had a good night. I'll post some pics up...

Once again, great shot! :applaus:

Rob.

7. mobys

mobys New Member

nice shot!

8. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

have a tripod in the boot then?

9. Jay4

Jay4 Member

@ Factionone...cheers it was taken with a mates camera actually. think it was a sony dsc-h9. i've only got a canon powershot s3is myself. The picture was taken as is, the only adjustment that has been made is the orange glow of the lights turned white. I love photography but i have a hell of a lot to learn about it. decent shots at the moment are more down to luck than knowledge!

@A4quattro....It was a mates camera and yes he did have his tripod with him, as we had intended taking some pics of his m5 to sell.

10. as04ley

as04ley Member

nice pic
    i was looking for them alloys for my car but didnt think they look good but now i have seen them on the car they look sweet.
    i am wanting to get the bottom bumpers sprayed same colour as the car but sweet pic m8 :anbet:

11. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

Like it :beerchug:

12. raffylong

raffylong New Member

The shot was very nice because of the lightning and also it focuses on the car itself. And the color of the ride was perfect for the venue.:rockwoot:

13. Technik

Technik New Member

great shot!!