1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nigel Appreciation Society

quattro81 Aug 14, 2011

1. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

Well.. I was very happy with my 2011 A3.. But the interior always felt like it was missing something(s)...! I went for every extra option Audi offered.. Except for the tech pack.. I just felt it was too much money at the time. Now I've finally got around to sorting my moment of being a tightwad out, by treating myself to a 2011 led rns-e mk2!

So, after much googling, speaking to Audi, eBay, and many many recommendations from you guys on here, I got in touch with our own Nigel (NHN) to supply and fit the rns-e 2 for me.. And a couple of the illuminated Bose speaker grills..

I've gotta echo what so many others have already said on here: what a top bloke! Thoroughly nice guy, treated my car so well, fitted and supplied immaculate equipment! It's easy to become a member of the N.A.S (Nigel Appreciation Society):)
    if you've being debating on getting him to do anything for you -do it! You won't be disappointed! Cheers Nigel!! :wub:
    Anyway, here's couple of pics of the end result, excuse the iPhone camera..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
    N8, mccrum and paddy like this.
  2. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

sick ! i have never seen the iliminated bose grills before. thought the new audis where diffrent audio company?

3. The Engineer

The Engineer Member

That looks incredible. NHN is a legend! :applaus:

4. Chappy

Chappy Call me Dan! Audi A5

Does look really good especially the Bose grills :)
    Saving the pennies for the RNS now!

5. quattro81

Thanks! And yep he is the legend.. Couldn't agree more!!

Cheers mate, they're are aftermarket from carstyle4you.. And afaik some new audis use bang & olufsen.. But a lot still use Bose.. Both are great:wub:
    They look good don't they!? And get on it with the rns.. you won't be disappointed:thumbsup:

6. slade777

slade777 Member

Looks really good mate. Glad the Bose grills worked out alright as well. Did you end up using the adapter things I sent or did Nigel have a better way?

7. quattro81

And a big thank you to you as well my friend!:kiss: I'm not sure about the adaptors in the end..? I'll ask Nigel once he's back about..

8. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

did you wire the Bose on permanent or with the lights ?
    Off topic a bit but are the MY11 door cards wired for the lighting pack ? Looking through etka i can only find one door loom and that seems to be for everything ?

Everything looks really nice mate, Like the perforated FB wheel :)

9. quattro81

Thanks mate.. The grills are wired to come on with the lights (wired into the ambient lighting in the door handles I believe)

paddy likes this.
  10. quattro81

Here's a couple more pics.. In an attempt to show the high res of the new 2011 rns-e mk2 for anyone that's interested......?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Excuse the slightly dusty screen! Doh:blush:

11. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Just came a cross this thread. Looks lovely mate and another happy customer of Nigel's:thumbsup:
    Glad your happy with the work:happy:

12. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Fantastic work!