nicer sounding s3

brys3

Reaction score
just wondering what i can do on the cheap to make my s3 sound a little nicer, apart from an exhaust rattle that im gonna sort what does everyone else do? i want to keep a standard appearance would just like it to sound a bit more like a performance beast

yes...many use this as a little performance upgrade too
u can use a dv too for that "whooosh" sound when switching gears while boost is on

thats for being a cheap mod
otherwise...3"downpipe and full exhaust from milltek or blueflames

yeah im gonna go down the exhasut route eventually. i think i could do with a replacement filter its just between the brands really.

3" downpipe and an exhaust is really worth it on many sides, performance, sound, and it will last longer with no trouble

yep, an induction would deffo give you a roar from the front end. will also make your DV dumping, and turbo spooling up more audioable.

I was trying to keep more of a standard look however this may be something to consider

yeah im gonna go down the exhasut route eventually. i think i could do with a replacement filter its just between the brands really.

I went for pipercross... because it was £20 cheaper than green cotton and K&N. Sounds better, so im happy with it.

I was considering an aftermarket exhaust but i want a system that is quite normal driving and goes a bit loud on full beans, but I dont think such a system exists

apparently the miltek non res is quiet on normal driving then loud when you floor the pedal...so ive heard

Thanks for the guidance. Going back to the panel filter they appear to be model specific and my car is remapped so do I go for 210 or 225 bhp version

apparently the miltek non res is quiet on normal driving then loud when you floor the pedal...so ive heard

It is that! I have a res Milltek and it is almost un-noticable during normal driving, open it up and i'm told it sounds like a jet engine going down the road. Car's remapped so maybe louder but even when it was standard it was lovely.

I'd say exhaust to make it sound lovely, I had a stock panel filter in the stock airbox and after exhaust fitting it sounded much better!

Air filters will make more of an induction noise, sucking if you like, but it's not that noticeable until you get a remap.

Those are my experiences, doesn't mean i'm right or wrong! :)

G

It is that! I have a res Milltek and it is almost un-noticable during normal driving, open it up and i'm told it sounds like a jet engine going down the road. Car's remapped so maybe louder but even when it was standard it was lovely.

I'd say exhaust to make it sound lovely, I had a stock panel filter in the stock airbox and after exhaust fitting it sounded much better!

Air filters will make more of an induction noise, sucking if you like, but it's not that noticeable until you get a remap.

Those are my experiences, doesn't mean i'm right or wrong! :)

G

I love my Miltek also. To be fair, it is quiet pretty much all the time, however, when it was on the rollers the other day was the first time I've ever actually heard it.

Quiet on tickover and cruise, but open it up and the thing sounds like Hurricane Barbara is trying to escape from the exhaust. It's still not loud, you can just hear lots, and lots, and lots of boost.

well that does sound wicked, although its hard to get the full effect through camera microphone. Dam this forum gives me too many ideas.

Just a change of subject, welly i just noticed your signiture. I had a go at tuning my mini moto quad ages ago with one of those chinese big bore kits, cost about £30. Unfortuntely kept jaming when engine got to hot, but when engine did run power was sporadic and kept throwing me off the back LOL :) . Reminded me of good times.