1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice Touches on the A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dickys3, Apr 7, 2006.

1. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SNIP.. park in different places to prevent wear on the blades...

[/ QUOTE ]

I could never figure out why some times I noticed in the corner of my eye the wiper seeming to come to rest some times in view some times not... now I know

2. benw123

benw123 Moderator

The salesman told us about this feature on our test drive. You can hear them flick round now and then. Yet another nice feature!

3. Yep, definite nice touch. Sometimes when you turn off the engine they twitch.

Rain sensing wipers and auto lights are the way forward. I wouldn't have a car without them or Xenons again.

4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

The auto lights are very useful for tunnels. When I go on holiday each year to either Switzerland or Austria or both in my A3 quite a number of stretches of even motorway seem to have lots of tunnels. In both countries and also Germany (on the way) the law requires you to use headlights in all tunnels so the auto on and off feature comes in very handy.

Mind you, it will be slightly different this year in Austria and the law now requires that you drive on dipped headlights at all times, including during daylight.

The auto lights are also very useful when putting the car away as they come on as soon as I enter the garage.

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Found some more:

When you pull back on the wiper stalk you get the usual spray of windscreen washer fluid with the wipers etc. Once it has finished wiping the screen, about 5 secs later it does a final wipe to catch any runs! How cool is that!

Also another one to do with the wipers, When you come to a stop (traffic lights etc) they switch to intermittent! When you start going again, they go back to normal speed!

6. The Slug

The Slug Active Member
    VCDS Map User

[ QUOTE ]
    Found some more:

When you pull back on the wiper stalk you get the usual spray of windscreen washer fluid with the wipers etc. Once it has finished wiping the screen, about 5 secs later it does a final wipe to catch any runs! How cool is that!

Also another one to do with the wipers, When you come to a stop (traffic lights etc) they switch to intermittent! When you start going again, they go back to normal speed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i like that feature on ours very good, and also the Valeting wiper position for cleaning the car, pretty kool hey

7. madvw

madvw Active Member

facelift s3's keep the climate settings per key too...

i just wish that they'd store the seat settings too, as i pee's me off no-end to have to readjust the seat everytime - and we all know the nightmare when a switch goes in leccy recaros.

8. tinka

tinka Guest

when you need to lift the wipers up to wash the windscreen,after turning off the ignition, flick the wiper switch to 0 and they move half way up the screen,and you can pull them out,handy if not clever?.

9. yak

yak Member

How can you say anything positive about the wipers?-) First of all, while the idea that turning wipers every now and then is nice one, it has some problems.

While I clean up and make sure my wipers aren't frozen when I start the journey, they sure as hell are frozen when I reach my destination if it's cold outside. And then the auto-feature moves them..

It sounds like someone just crashed to your. And it can't be good for the motors or the wipers themselves.

Not to mention that my wipers never clean up the window properly, they've been changed, my wipermotors etc have been changed, and still the middle of my screen has problems wiping the screen when going back down. I'd say all those problems have started with ice & twisting the wipers.

Just sometimes I think people designing the cars don't realise that water can actually freeze.

As for "service-mode" on the wipers, I haven't found that being any better than the good-old-system which other manufacturers use. Just more work.

- Yak

10. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mentioned this thread to my wife, and she said her favourite feature is the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I was just surprised she was interested enough to give me an answer when I asked!

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife reckons the auto dipping mirror was a waste of money as she never combs her hair in the car.........................

11. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another feature - When you put on the front windscreen wipers it performs a courtesy rear wipe automatically!

12. yak

yak Member

Yep, and when you leave them on, when you step out of the car, the rear wiper still continues to function, but front ones won't. It's a nice touche when rear screen is dirty and it's not raining..

13. jonnye

jonnye New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can't see that technology ever making it into a BMW...........

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

old ones are still the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif