Nice idea or wtf was he thinking?

Its alot of good work I agree, but why not just buy a scooby? :)

It's different thats for sure, at least you won't get brushed with the chav image or would you?

Either way a lot of work has been taken out, would love to know how many man hours.

I think its a cracking idea, its something different....

Freaking awesome. If it's true the thing handles better due to the wide + wheelbase, then great. However, I don't think its as simple as that.

Anyway, he is probably a Ford guy. I know of a MK2 golf that has the complete underpinnings of a TVR. Ask the guy why, and he says........."why not, I was bored".

Probably likes the rally look of the Ford, and the engineering of the Subaru.

I love hybrid stuff. Always been up for people trying new things........except perhaps for those people who strap jet engines to the back of their otherwise standard MR2.

that does look amazing..... id love to have a go at something like that...bet he had quite a few probs along the way though.... and to use for rallying....surely a standard impreza gearbox would have been unsuitable...my mate has just sold his impreza rally car which had a gearbox which was bought second hand for £30k..... plus if he had an accident where would he get the bits that had been fabricated....

Anyways, enough of the negative stuff, i think this would make an excellent understated performance rooad car

I remember that golf with the TVR engine, there was also a Mk2 Golf ages ago with a Porsche v8 in it years ago, again, if people are trying something different, why not....good on them for having the balls to do so ;-)

I remember that golf with the TVR engine, there was also a Mk2 Golf ages ago with a Porsche v8 in it years ago, again, if people are trying something different, why not....good on them for having the balls to do so ;-)

iirc it was a mk1 golf with the Porsche 928 lump in, which the shell was widened to accommodate it....:w00t:

would be great to have the skills and time to do something like that...

It was a Porsche 928 engine and the body was widened, but im sure it was a Mk2, but i could be wrong, thanks for that, now im going to go home and go through my pile of old PVW mags...lol!!!

Yea would love to do that, if only i had the time, money, brains...etc etc etc...

It was a MK1.

Remember the MK1 cab with the ford cosworth engine and drive train?

While we are on the subject, hands up if you were a MK1,2 or 3 owner?

:arco::arco:

It was a MK1.

Mk3 owner here..... soon to be selling her though :3sadwalk:

My first car was a mk 1 golf, it spent 2 months in the garage having bits of rust sorted out before i passed, and when i did pass it took me about 5 weeks to write her off !! Was a school boy error..Lol:bye:

I think that focus is wicked!!

If i had to drive a ford,that would be one of my preferences!!

bike powered cars, i saw a crazy 106 converted to rear wheel drive a few years back (on the web) it looked so good though.

Oh aye, proper awesome. So amazing are his skills he needs bonnet pins for his bumpers.

WTF???!!!???? Bonnet pins on bumpers????

****** more like it.

Oh aye, proper awesome. So amazing are his skills he needs bonnet pins for his bumpers.

WTF???!!!???? Bonnet pins on bumpers????

****** more like it.

The seller mentions the car was built for rallying so everything would need to come off quick during the set service period, otherwise time penalties are awarded.

It was a MK1.

:arco::arco::arco: ive had three mk1 golfs love them brilliant lightweight beasts

mk3 Golf VR6 ex owner here........that focus is an abomination,my two pence worth