NHN's suspension?

lol, lol, lol

saves me starting it.

well I dont know its only been finished for 3 hours maybe it needs running in or something, lol, but just feels more vibrations from the road, I guess it needs laser alignment anyway so this might correct it slightly, but from the drive well not sure at moment so gonna withhold proper judgement until had for few days.

But what a pig of a job, had to cut my spring compressors down with the grinder, then I had a siezed connecting link nut so had to grind that of & replace the link & nut, 1st front corner driveshaft came out so had to take the boot of & relocate it with the ****** grease in tow, lol, god trying to see a body part that isnt bruised,(no smart comments please) dont envy guys doing this daily I tell yer, all I'll say is think twice before doing yourself, it saved me what upwards of £200 easily but audi would charge like £4-500 no doubt for the 4 corners, so at least thats the good thing of it. Also broke some tools undoing old shocks as couldnt get a swing arm or sunken 21mm spanner so had to improvise with other tools which worked but feck me.

But the parts guy at Brighton is a life saver as always, the link & the nut were very lucky to be in stock but at other branches & got close to me then borrowed neighbours car, so logistical nightmare but worked out in end

Now the big brakes to do, god whats gonna go wrong with them, lol.

lol, lol, lol

saves me starting it.

I guess it needs laser alignment anyway so this might correct it slightly, but from the drive well not sure at moment so gonna withhold proper judgement until had for few days.

I had mine laser tracked after i did my suspension NHN, and it did make a differance to my car. Found the toe was out on all four wheels after i done the suspension.

But what a pig of a job, had to cut my spring compressors down with the grinder,

sounds very familiar, i have a cut of piece of my spring compressors lying in the workshop somewhere.......:music:

Gotta say though, i am loving my new suspension. But now i got to really fix the little rattle in the dashboard!!!

i had my tracking and camber done yesterday, the geo wasn't out by alot but it needed adjusting, makes a diffference to how the car handles for sure.

NHN did you need the compressors for the front springs?

i never used any............

i had my tracking and camber done yesterday, the geo wasn't out by alot but it needed adjusting, makes a diffference to how the car handles for sure.

NHN did you need the compressors for the front springs?

i never used any............

? you didnt use the old - stand on spring, use airgun on top nut and watch the shocker & strut shoot across the workshop method :)

lol, yeah it actually has a big no no remark about that classic fitting instructions in the koni box, lol

anyway I used the compressors to allow me to get the damn shock up further over into the hub properly as otherwise the poxy driveshaft would pop out, but it worked for me with alot of bodily damage to me that is, it hurts to type, lol, seriously

lol, yeah it actually has a big no no remark about that classic fitting instructions in the koni box, lol

anyway I used the compressors to allow me to get the damn shock up further over into the hub properly as otherwise the poxy driveshaft would pop out, but it worked for me with alot of bodily damage to me that is, it hurts to type, lol, seriously

And you berated me for suggesting to remove the entire hub for ease of access :banghead: :moa:

Would have prevented the need to compress the spring in the wheel arch and the associated grinding of your tools not to mention the 'popping out' of driveshafts :whistle2:

oh and :rtfm: :lmfao:

lets make this the NHN thread lol, is your S3 bumper on yet? Not that I totally have the spare cash but there are a few s-line bumper on ebay and in two minds about going whole hog and going for S3