1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newish exhaust and an update on my car

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Markb, May 26, 2005.

1. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 26, 2005]
    As subject here are some pics of my car with its "new exhaust" well I say new, but it's been on the car since the 10th, but I've been waiting to put my BBS's back on as I didn't want to take a pic with the standard wheels on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif It's been custom made for the car which meant cutting into the bumper as I wanted the OEM look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[​IMG]

Facelift lower spoiler:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMP lower strut brace:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically the thinking with the lower strut is that this is the lowest part on the car. So I will hit that before I hit the sump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've also got the facelift front lights and wings + loads of other parts, but more on that at a latter date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 21, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[May 26, 2005]
    Dude, SWEET! that exhaust looks brilliant! Nice one. Good idea on the strur brace too!

have you photoshopped the sideskirts black again or are they now actually black?

Rich
  4. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 26, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dude, SWEET! that exhaust looks brilliant! Nice one. Good idea on the strur brace too!

have you photoshopped the sideskirts black again or are they now actually black?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate I am very pleased with it. You also want to hear it, it's awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Will try and get a video at some stage)

Not Photoshopped the sideskirts black. That's how they have always been.
  5. recomdos

recomdos Member

[May 26, 2005]
    VERY NICE indeed Mark. Loving that exhaust and the front lower apron looks MUCH better than when it was yellow!!! All very good indeed - keep it up!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 26, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    VERY NICE indeed Mark. Loving that exhaust and the front lower apron looks MUCH better than when it was yellow!!! All very good indeed - keep it up!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude.
  7. recomdos

recomdos Member

[May 26, 2005]
    them wheels look great too - I really love them. bet they are a nightmare to clean! heh
  8. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    them wheels look great too - I really love them. bet they are a nightmare to clean! heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they are nightmare to clean, but they are worth it.
  9. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[May 27, 2005]
    Looking the part now Mark, good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  10. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

11. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    I know what you are saying mate I've seen it all before, but they have started using a higher grade stainless now as they realised they had a problem. So mine should be OK it's also got a lifetime warranty. So I am not concerned.
  12. HTC

HTC Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know what you are saying mate I've seen it all before, but they have started using a higher grade stainless now as they realised they had a problem. So mine should be OK it's also got a lifetime warranty. So I am not concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its good to hear that they've realised the problem with the steel. Me buddie had his exhaust rebuilt last week so hopefully his will be fine too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  13. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its good to hear that they've realised the problem with the steel. Me buddie had his exhaust rebuilt last week so hopefully his will be fine too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually normally use 409 grade as standard, but I paid the extra and had the lot made from 304 grade tubing just to be on the safe side.
  14. hopper

hopper Member

[May 27, 2005]
    looking good mark, and yes it does sound really well, good work there
  15. HTC

HTC Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually normally use 409 grade as standard, but I paid the extra and had the lot made from 304 grade tubing just to be on the safe side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. So is it a full system? backbox?

Get some sounds clips up if ya can. The powerflow on me girlies polo sounded real nice when we had it.
  16. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    looking good mark, and yes it does sound really well, good work there

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude are we still meeting up on Sunday?
  17. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. So is it a full system? backbox?

Get some sounds clips up if ya can. The powerflow on me girlies polo sounded real nice when we had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a CAT back system without centre box.

I'll see if I can get my mate to film it so you can have a listen. It does sound good though as one of my mates drove it for me so I could have a listen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  18. hopper

hopper Member

[May 27, 2005]
    yeah will be out sunday mate, will catch you then