Newby with problems...

Russi666

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm new here! I drive a 2002 a4 sport 2.0 petrol 130bhp. I have a couple of problems with her. I've had the car just over 2 years, and love it, but need to sort a few issues. The first is my wipers! They've started going really slowly, and sometimes stick all together. Anyone have ideas how to sort it? The second is, I know very little about the mechanical side of cars, but would love to improve my bhp. I have trouble overtaking a guy a work with who has a 1.3 Astra life diesel. I can eventually get past, but it's embarrassing, and surely I should get by with ease?
Lastly, about a year ago I braked heavily on a wet surface, skidded, and my airbag light has been on since...

Any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks in advance,

Russ

Hi Russ, welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car. Have a look through the Faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of info in there. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :)

russi666

I've had a bash at uploading a pic, haven't got a clue how to do it on my phone tho!

Thanks for the help so far!

Russ

russi666

I've had a bash at uploading a pic, haven't got a clue how to do it on my phone tho!

Thanks for the help so far!

Russ

Upload your photo to photobucket (free to join) then click on the copy image code & paste it in to your thread.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Wiper arms are coved

BHP well to be honest most will say don't bother just upgrade to the 1.8T but if your going to stay with her then I think the only real option would be a sports cat (HFC) and a exhaust system anything more then your looking at lots of money for very little results.

Airbag light will have to be rest with someone with VAGCOM or by one of the cheap fault reader on ebay for around £20 which are quite handy. Chance are it will rest but if not it could be a simple unplug the loom under the seat and plug back in again, there known for sometime getting a doggy connection from the year of the seat going backwards and forwards.

as above
i wouldnt even go HFC foe the price
keep as is

The astra your trying to over take is most probably a TDCI, so the torque will be difficult for you to beat.

edit; CDTI

I kept my wipers going for a few weeks until I went on holiday for 2 weeks and returned to find them seized all together. I followed the above guide, apart from snapping a bracket off the linkage, that wasn't in the guide. I ordered the new linkage from Audi, and collected it today. I've spent the day popping the ball joints out of the old linkage to attach the new one. Got everything put back together, put the wipers on, they don't work. They go down the way first!!! What have I done wrong? I could cry. Been stood out in unbelievably heavy rain for around 6 hours. Bad day!