1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbieand advice please

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by Millie, May 4, 2011.

1. Millie

Millie New Member

[May 4, 2011]
    Hello

I will be picking up my first Audi in just over a weeks time , RS4 B5 Misano Red, I have brought it from Nick J's and was really pleased with the service provided and deal that we were able to come to.

It has H&R coil overs and MTM upgarde to 420, she drove tight and I was surprised over different road surfaces just how good the coilovers were . I have for many years been an impreza driver and slowly moved away from my car being a daily driver. I have a 22B now and hopefully it will on the road by July to get to some shows, over the last 2 and half years I have been slowly working on the car along with the guys at the garage where it has been.

I have driven a volvo V70 for the last 4 years , its a great car in fact , slow yes but a good car . However I have always loved the B5 RS but never thought i would like estates , having the volvo I realise how practical an estate is and for me I have always thought the B5 to one of the best looking cars of the modern era.

Advice Please

I have no plans for bhp increase but the three potential mods are exhaust, perhaps only cat back , keeping standard down pipe , brake conversion and finally wheels.

The wheels on the car have been refurbished , acid dipped and powered coated so look like new and there is good 7 mm of traed across the tyers any idea what these may be worth ? i accept this is not a question I should ask but I have no idea of the value and possible market for them.

I have seen a wheel that I would like on the car , VMR V710 they come in 18" and 19" but I feel the 18's would better suit the ride and handling, wheel details being :-

18 x 8.5 PCD 5 x 112 or 5 x 120 offsets 35 / 45 or 20 / 35 respectively and finally 57.1 / 66.6 or 72.6

I am no expert on these things , what is the standard wheel ? I had thought about running a wheel spacer even on standard wheels to bring them out to the arch's , think this would be 10MM either side , would the above wheel need a bigger or smaller spacer ?

Brakes , on the test drive the brakes did feel good , they are fairly new , however I may have an option of getting my hands on a set of B7 RS4 / RS6 brakes . not sure which they are at this moment in time , are these worth having ?

Finally , exhaust advice , of course being a scooby fan the flat four is so distinctive and if possible I would like the exhaust note to have a bit more that what it appers to be standard. Any suggestions , I have listened to you tube clips but none seem that clear but i see a number of people have miltek systems.

I would apprecaite any advice / comments / opinions

also posted on other audi sites.

Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]