1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with Climate Control Question

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Frosty, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Frosty

Frosty New Member

[Mar 1, 2006]
    Hi all. I'm new to this forum. (waves)

I have one of the first A4 2.0 TDi S Lines (Reg Jan 2005)

The Climate control is pants !

It;s OK when it's very hot or very cold outside, but the rest of the time It's noisy and blows a gale through the centre vents as soon as ambient cabil temp is reached - it seems worse when the external temp is about 14 degrees.

To be fair, Audi technical are looking at it for me, but after a year haven't acheved much.

Do any of you experts have any experience of this problem ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Mar 1, 2006]
    I find it fine.. Set it at about 19.5 degrees for me and it sorts it all out..
  4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Mar 1, 2006]
    brrrrrrr.

22 for me.
  5. Frosty

Frosty New Member

[Mar 1, 2006]
    Usually set at 19
  6. pin

pin New Member

[Mar 1, 2006]
    I am a newb too, and this may be obvious, but this is when its on auto yes (not econ) ?
  7. Frosty

Frosty New Member

[Mar 2, 2006]
    Yes on auto

I agree that with climate, you should just set the temp and it sorts it's self out, but my fan speed never goes below 4 bars it seems and the air either billows out of the centre vents or make a row because it is shut in.

Can't be right can it ?
  8. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 2, 2006]
    Are all of your vents open? When the system is on "Auto", you need to have them all fully open, so that the system can decide where the airflow goes. Also, you might need to change the pollen filter, to improve the airflow
  9. [Mar 2, 2006]
    I never use mine in auto, for a very similar reason - the gale coming up to the screen and from centre vents - two problems with that - my contact lenses dry out in about 5 minutes, and it plays hell with the hands free microphone.

I have it on auto on a cold morning for just a few mins, then simply press the 'down' arrow, redirect everything south, and it still works fine for me when changing temp..
  10. Frosty

Frosty New Member

[Mar 3, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Are all of your vents open? When the system is on "Auto", you need to have them all fully open, so that the system can decide where the airflow goes. Also, you might need to change the pollen filter, to improve the airflow

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, all the vents are open with the exception of the driver's side vent which I have to have closed due to the contact lens drying out thing.

I seem to have plenty of air flow - too much !

The flow also seems speed releted to some extent - that is, the faster I go, the more air flow
  11. Frosty

Frosty New Member

[Mar 3, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I never use mine in auto, for a very similar reason - the gale coming up to the screen and from centre vents - two problems with that - my contact lenses dry out in about 5 minutes, and it plays hell with the hands free microphone.

I have it on auto on a cold morning for just a few mins, then simply press the 'down' arrow, redirect everything south, and it still works fine for me when changing temp..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem with lenses and mic !

I know what you mean about about not using it on auto - But it SHOULD work ! Grrrr
  12. Nelson_R32

Nelson_R32 Member

[Mar 3, 2006]
    Audi changed the temperature tolerances on the B7 Climate control, which in turn has made the climate a little noisier when warming up. I find its at its worst when driving along dual carraigeways.

Theres nothing actually wrong with the car and it doesn't bother me. But I can see how it'd irritate other people. Your local Audi Centre can change the temperature settings on the CC unit with 50-52, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be FOC as in reality theres nothing actually wrong with the car.