1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with BOSE has questions

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by , Oct 10, 2003.

1. fnbloke

fnbloke New Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Hi all,
    Just bought an A3 T sport whith BOSE, and i am finding that the sub is making a very distorted bass sound even with the bass turned very low! I read on a previous thread that BOSE subs are very poor, but my car is on a 99 T plate so is not covered by warranty, any one have any suggestions, or is ripping it out and putting in a decent sub the best option!
    Also the guy that had the car before me kept the CD changer for himself! GIT, all the wiring is in place but has anyone got any recomendations or comment on what not to buy, on a budget of around £200, Alpine or Sony??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font>
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Mine in my S3 is the same even with the BASS low and the volume on 10, its going in to the dealers this sat! Hope i get it sorted under warranty!
  4. fnbloke

fnbloke New Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    good luck! let me know of the outcome, if its nothing major i may be able to do it myself!! i dont have the luxury of a warranty anymore...
  5. Offline

[Oct 10, 2003]
    Trouble is my webspace is down at the moment so you won't be able to get to it. I would send it to Matt but he probably won't bother to publish it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stickpoke.gif

Any other takers?

Tim
  6. Offline

[Oct 10, 2003]
    192 does not give you CD quality sound. It is close, but it isn't CD quality. Fine for in a car or for background music at home.

Tim
  7. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

[Jan 9, 2005]
    Just to let you all know, took my car to Beachwood Audi (halesowen) and the said that the sub has packed up and are replacing the unit under warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif