Newbie with A3 8L

J3NKO

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself before I start using main forums.

I'm Andy, I live in Wiltshire and have recently bought a cheeky little 1.8 sport.

Having spent 90% of my driving days in a Jap Import I've moved to the euro world and thus far, I'm pretty impressed.

I do a lot of mechanical work on my own cars and the solid build quality compared to what I've seen previously is incredible.

So thats me...my plans?? Well, I have to sort a broken drivers window, an intermittent abs light, a blowing CAT and a sticky starter motor but then I can move onto tidying up some other bits and bobs.

I'm used to using forums but the format and layout of this one is slightly different, especially the for sale section.....if I screw up, sorry in advance :sly:

I hope thats an ample introduction and hello to you all :beerchug:

Welcome along fella. This is a Great site with some very helpfull chaps on it. As for the jap thing there seems to be a few followed in your footseps on here. Enjoy. :)

Thanks very much, already having a browse through the how to's!

Whats the for sale section activity like, there's not as much on there as I was expecting, do people mostly trade through companies and ebay then?

Was hoping to pick up some gems but only tempted by the S3 interior but thats all the way in the North East :(

Oh and I bought this due to finiding on investigation the wire was broken. Without buying a whole new assembly, this was all I could find and from the description it looked like it'd be fine. Its turned up and now I'm not so sure....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290355000543&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Any advice/comments??

Last edited:
No love for J3NKO......

Its......so......cold:blownose:

No you don't.....you're just saying that!!

Haha

Thanks man!