1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to modding

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TrickyLad, Jan 28, 2010.

1. TrickyLad

TrickyLad is loving his new A3

[Jan 28, 2010]
    Hi All,

I am going to be really cheeky now and ask a really open question.

I have a Ice Silver A3 1.6 Special Edition Sportback (with no optional extras, i got it with 500 miles on clock)
    What should i be looking at doing to improve it?

I dont really want to be spending a fortune but i want to improve the performance and the apperance.
    I have already started looking into getting the back windows tinted and some carbon fibre vinyls on certain parts, but other than those cosmetic thoughts i am completely cluesless

any suggestions people?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 29, 2015]

3. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

[Jan 28, 2010]
    there are performance accessories you can add like a induction kit and remap, but to be honest you wont get much more power, I'd say around 20bhp for a rough price of short of £500
  4. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[Jan 28, 2010]
    I think youd be lucky to get an extra 20 bhp for £500 to be honest. Bit of a waste spending hundreds just for a few extra horses ,literally.
  5. gixxer600k4

gixxer600k4 Member

[Jan 29, 2010]
    performance wise, you can get an exhaust made specifically for you, fit an induction kit and then get it remapped! you will not see big gains, 15-20 at most but with the remap it will change the responsiveness and could make the power come in earlier so you get more, low down power but you will end up paying a lot for a very little amount of power increase. i would just make it look nice and drive well, like some nice allows, fit decent suspension and lower it about 30mm or so, fit new engine bushes and engine mounts, replace all standard suspension bushes with powerflex bushes, fit new anti-roll bars with a slightly thicker/stiffer one, get the anti-lift kit and bump steer correction from whiteline. these will all make the handle of you car really good, as long as you get some decent and strong alloys with good tires

will a TT swing arm fit the new a3??????