Newbie Questions ?!?!?

jay17

Reaction score
Hello, Wondered if you guys could help me out? Im lookin at buying a 2.0tdi s-line soon, however i really wan the xenons and rns-e. They are really hard to come by though :(. So i thought about retro-fitting them? I know there are loads of threads on here about the xenons especially, but i was just wondering what parts would i need exactly to complete either of these? Also people have mentions about VAG-COM? What is it?

Thank you

Jay

Welcome to AS.

Well I've done a bit of work on xenons oem style on the A3 8L & 8P & I supply genuine vagcom aswell.

1st Vagcom is the same thing as what audi use pretty much in the dealers to diagnose your cars faults, make code changes, install new modules, etc etc, audi version is £5k & not as good IMHO as vagcom & vagcom is £241 delivered. Connects to your pc via a usb port & utilises the software you can download for free use if its a genuine cable. Can be used on any VAG branded car not locked to a car & portable so can use on the laptop. It is the best money spent on any VAG car IMHO for what it does. Say you had a fault & needed it diagnosed, normally you'd be at audi or another garage & paying from £50-£100 per hour most likely, but with vagcom this can do most these things for you & from mine & others experience save you the diagnose fees by doing yourself & possibly fix yourself, vagcom can login to the car & if the faults are showing within the car network then it will show the module, the error code & 99% time the possible reasons for the error, also you can list the error on the forums & probably find solutions from others who have had the same issues, also can adjust settings for locks, windows, etc, very very handy piece of kit & ask anyone who has the genuine kit & they will 100% say well worth the money & not one regret.

If interested in the kit send me a PM cause some arriving tuesday for immediate despatch.

To upgrade the xenons properly, you need headlights, axle auto level sensors, headight washer system, onboard levelling module, possibly change in other modules & headlight switch depending on how thorough you want to be with the upgrade, better to buy car with trust me as the headlights are like gold dust & cant use lhd on rhd car either.