Newbie question

Kwatrow

Reaction score
Just bought an 07 three door S line TDI quattro. Very pleased with it except perhaps the firm ride from the 18" wheels. I was thinking of trying to trade them for smaller diameter wheels with higher profile rubber, but the BBS split rims (I think) look very good, so I'll probably stick with them. I am considering a remap, but I'm wondering if it is worth the additional expense of having the DPF removed, bearing in mind that this is more expensive on a quattro than FWD. Anyone got thoughts on the extra work.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Have a read through the faqs section at the top of the page, lots of useful info in there. The guys will be along shortly to advise you on remapping. We have site sponsors on here on the main forum page, feel free to contact them for advise as well. Enjoy the forum. :) x

You will be able to get better gains from having the DPF removed, Also removal of the middle silencer and a aftermarket/removal of the back box would help.

Are you wanting Power gains or more MPG ?

DPF removal will be best solution all round, you can just have the innards taken out, then the cursory MOT check will still see a DPF fitted. Lots of threads on this subject if you click around the forum.

I've done a bit of leg work on this DPF removal/MOT compliance issue including getting in touch with VOSA and having a copy of the entire MOT regulations in return. My perception is that there is currently no requirement for a diesel car to have a DPF, nor is there a requirement for a car which originally had a DPF fitted, to retain it, whereas for petrol cars/catalytic converters there is. I guess my question is one of value for money of the difference between the remap only and having the remap/DPF removal. My car, being an 07 model has a higher emissions limit than one from 08 onwards, but I should like to know that the DPF removal is not going to result in a massive increase in emissions.
Sandra, if it ever stops raining, I'll take a couple of photos to post.

I have some horrible 17's I'd love to swap for some lovely 18 inch splits.... I'd happy to help! Lol

;)