Newbie question - retrofit bluetooth/ipod to 2008 A6

neilkav

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here, have just purchased a very nice 2008 A6 2.0 diesel SE, has everything i want - sat nav - cruise - auto(multitronic) - cd changer for lots of motorway miles....but...

It doesnt have bluetooth phone connectivity or ipod connectivity, both of which i would like/need.

It has a phone button on the centre console and on steering wheel, but when you press it, it seems its inactive.

My question would be.....dealer has said he can only recommend Parrot kit, but don't really want another screen, would much prefer if it could interface with the existing buttons/screen.

Can anyone advise if there is a reputable supplier/fitter in the north west (warrington base) to do this, or if they have seen any problems with doing this - again dealer said to be wary as a retrofitted module can conflict with existing controllers for sat nav etc?

Any advice would be most welcome, thank you in advance....

Neil

i cant recomend anyone where your based
but it can be done the dealer is chatting **** as normal
had a look on the bay or kufatek.de < they do fiscon same as OEM work through your headunit screen mfsw etc

Be worth talking to S8Craig who post on here regularly. He has a website MMI-Basic and should be able to point you in the right direction. I have no connection with him or any experience but as a kindred spirit he should at least be helpful

The fiscon kits are OK, but I've had to send 3 back so far with faults, one dead mic input, second kills the MMI when cold, third, the volume shoots up to full when a call ends (known issue now apparently). But as Audi are not selling phone ECU's at reasonable prices then genuine Audi (although superior) is more expensive.

So unless FISCON get their act together and iron out some of the issues with their products (FISCONS are basically parrot kits with some fancy electronics around them) I won't be fitting any more of them and I would not reccomend them either.

Craig is your best bet in that area in both location & field wise, as he has fair bit of experience in these MMI systems, personally wouldnt touch Hazzy with a barge pole.

what you want is the Dension 500 with BTA module!!

Still think Craig is your best bet, but of course the choice is yours (how many gameshows you heard that line from lol)

The visseo kit my dad bought for his Octavia was absolutelya useless. He ended up pulling it and replacing with a Fiscon unit. I have to say pound for pound I rate the fiscon units. I've had 3 in 3 different cars + the one in my fathers and not had a single problem with them. Mind you they were integrating with RNS-e, RNS510 and normal concert units. So can't talk about MMI issues.