1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie...Needs Advice on S3 buying

jonboy Sep 21, 2007

1. jonboy

jonboy 'Team Tweedy'

First off all would like to say hi to everyone on the site:) just registered currently got a BMW 330Ci coupe; but trading it in for a Audi S3:rockwoot:

Been looking at a few on the net and found one its a 2001 Y, 51k FSH etc...

My first question is... would it be a 225? thought all facelifts were 225? and second question is 11k a little steep for a Y plate S3?

Many thanks in advance

Jon

2. spuddie007

spuddie007 Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

:sign_welcome:

Theres a number of stickies at the top of this forum mate, but that sounds a bit on the pricey side to me......even if it's in mint condition :)

3. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Hi mate

Not all facelifts are 225s, alot of the "1" Chassis cars on a Y Plate were 210bhp, depends on engine code and ecu software

The price sounds towards the topscale, but then Ive seen more and more Y-Platers with alot higher milage than that (Mines nearly double that!) Guessing that it wont have had the cambelt/tensioners/waterpump changed so Id deffo factor that into haggling over the price

4. jonboy

jonboy 'Team Tweedy'

Big thanks fella's :)

The dealer is offering me a good trade in on me BMW; but i still think the S3 is a tad to pricey.
    Although there are a few 2001 3's around this price on the market.

5. jonboy

jonboy 'Team Tweedy'