1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needing some info on S3 please.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by james-pimlico, Nov 29, 2010.

1. james-pimlico

james-pimlico New Member

Hi again to everyone one here on the forum.

First off i no this has no doubt been asked a million and one times but can anyone please tell me if any of the mappers out there do a stage1 ware you get a handheld unit that can flash to and from the standard map and also is there any maps out there that wont show up on the ECU if audi were to check for example car needing to go in for warranty work etc etc.......Also are the remaps on the new S3's just plug and play or has the whole ECU have to come out like what i had to do on my last mk2 focus RS due to fords/bosh new security features.

Sorry to ask this but there are just so many remap topics and it would take me years to get through them all and i'd rather an up to date answer if anyone can help.

Thanks, James.
  2. Jamiekip

Jamiekip Member

Revo
    Giac
    Bluefin

All Switchable to stock got dealer visits.
    I had Giac stage 1 and really rated it on the S3.
    Revo is highly regarded too
  3. jungleman

jungleman Active Member

ive got an evolve map on mine and that has the option of a switch as well for putting the OEM map back on if needed
    its the only one ive tried and think its fantastc
  4. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

None of the above maps increase the ecu flash counter. Quite hard to detect by a dealer. Just make sure the map is off when you drop the car in for a service.