1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Needing Some Advice!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by davhouston, Jul 30, 2009.

1. davhouston

davhouston New Member

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on tricking up my A3, firstly i am looking for some new wheels and am not sure what offset is best there's too much info out there!! I am have the Standard S-Line spec 18's on and although there nice wheels i think they sit in a bit on the back?? Maybe just a spacer required?? My A3 is Ibis White and would like the s-line 5 spokes in Black but haven't seen any pictures and am reluctant to get it done and look rank!!!
    Another thing i could do with some info on is Coil Overs??? If i drop it does it change the ride massively as i do a lot of miles and have a baby coming so don't want to have a crippling ride!! The S-Line is a fairly tough ride anyway.

Cracking website it's good to see so much enthusiasim for these top cars!!

Cheers in advance

Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Hi Dave

:sign_welcome: to the forum! I think some wheel spacers could sort that problem out for you. If you have the RS6 alloys which i'm thinking you have by the 5 spoke. I wouldnt do them in black seen it and i think they dont suit. I'd go for a dark grey colour alloys or change the alloys and get multi-spoke alloys in black thats suit. There a thread going on now regarding coilovers here the link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76447
    Some of the guys on here have coilovers im pretty sure they can comment on the ride quailty better than i can. A member Nate & Boydie have coilovers and i think they said the ride quailty better than the standard S-line Ride. Get some photos of the ride up please :sign_pics:
    Enjoy the car

Ashley

EDIT: Here a link to show you RS6 Alloys in black on a Silver SE A3 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76209 Should give you some sort of idea

#2 Ash B, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  4. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

your a good help to the forum ash :respekt:

5. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Lol Nice on blazin:thumbsup: