1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Needing Some Advice!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by davhouston, Jul 30, 2009.

1. davhouston

davhouston New Member

[Jul 30, 2009]
    Hi,

I am looking for some advice on tricking up my A3, firstly i am looking for some new wheels and am not sure what offset is best there's too much info out there!! I am have the Standard S-Line spec 18's on and although there nice wheels i think they sit in a bit on the back?? Maybe just a spacer required?? My A3 is Ibis White and would like the s-line 5 spokes in Black but haven't seen any pictures and am reluctant to get it done and look rank!!!
    Another thing i could do with some info on is Coil Overs??? If i drop it does it change the ride massively as i do a lot of miles and have a baby coming so don't want to have a crippling ride!! The S-Line is a fairly tough ride anyway.

Cracking website it's good to see so much enthusiasim for these top cars!!

Cheers in advance

Dave
  2. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Jul 30, 2009]

Hi Dave

:sign_welcome: to the forum! I think some wheel spacers could sort that problem out for you. If you have the RS6 alloys which i'm thinking you have by the 5 spoke. I wouldnt do them in black seen it and i think they dont suit. I'd go for a dark grey colour alloys or change the alloys and get multi-spoke alloys in black thats suit. There a thread going on now regarding coilovers here the link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76447
    Some of the guys on here have coilovers im pretty sure they can comment on the ride quailty better than i can. A member Nate & Boydie have coilovers and i think they said the ride quailty better than the standard S-line Ride. Get some photos of the ride up please :sign_pics:
    Enjoy the car

Ashley

EDIT: Here a link to show you RS6 Alloys in black on a Silver SE A3 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76209 Should give you some sort of idea
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  3. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

[Jul 30, 2009]
    your a good help to the forum ash :respekt:
  4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Jul 31, 2009]

Lol Nice on blazin:thumbsup: