NEWBIE needing abit of help with 02 TDI130

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
Hi guys recently bought an 02 A3 TDI 130 sport which has been revo'd to about 173bhp but i'm having a slight problem with the car over boosting?

When i got the car the actuator was damaged so i replaced it with a standard one but i seem to be over boosting at top end mainly in 6th anybody had this problem or know if the actuator can be adjusted correctly?

Also i'm after some wheels for it 18" or 19"

Will these fit ebay Item number: 170074739849

Any help

im pretty sure the A4 has a different offset. the A3 is 5X100 and think the A4 is 5X112. sure some one could correct me if im wrong.

I have overboosted in 6th at the top end, once only on the autobahn so your doing 120 mph plus I guess. Mine is also an

It used to overboost in 3rd/4th if pushed hard enough to produce a lot of torque but hasnt done this for ages and I am driving the same.

There have been comments about the ECU "learning" how you drive and if this is the case your style may be different from the previous owner.

No suggestions other than vag-com or see if it settles down.

Can't offer anything else solutions wise..

rickquattro said:
I have overboosted in 6th at the top end, once only on the autobahn so your doing 120 mph plus I guess. Mine is also an

It used to overboost in 3rd/4th if pushed hard enough to produce a lot of torque but hasnt done this for ages and I am driving the same.

There have been comments about the ECU "learning" how you drive and if this is the case your style may be different from the previous owner.

No suggestions other than vag-com or see if it settles down.

Can't offer anything else solutions wise..

This could make sense i was doing around 115 (private road) Also my Gf drives the car more than me and she barely lets the turbo kick in.

I'm think about getting a roll and road session booked in see if they can do anything.

Thanks