newbie looking to buy a TT some advice.

matty87

Reaction score
Hello,

So I'm in the market to buy a TT for the first time and I have a few questions. My main one is i'm mainly looking at running cost so the MPG. Which means i'm looking at 2014+ models. Now I'm also erring on the side of automatic too. I was hoping the automatics would at least match fuel economy as manual but that doesn't seem to be the case.

However I was looking at bmw z2 to just to compare (no interest in buying) and their automatics have better fuel economy than the tt's auto, any particular reason? I know automatic has come along way these days.

any automatic tt's offer better mpg than 40 in city driving? I could always stick to manual I guess.

Honestly from experience a mkii 2.0 tdi is seriously fun to drive and returns 40+ mpg as well. Even in s tronic format. And it looks good too, of course!

My mk TTS is giving me 32mpg (its an auto) so if mpg is important that might not be the model to pick!!

I can get the same, 32 mpg from my TTS but only if I never tickle the pedal, normally around town its 28.
My mate has just bought the Ultra Diesel convertible a 15 plate and is getting 60mpg.