Newbie & Just Ordered

f1nny

Reaction score
Hi all

After lurking around in the background for the past few months I've decided to bite the bullet and join :).
I'm currently driving an Audi A1 1.2 TFSI S-line which I've had from brand new, but after 8 months of ownership I've decided to upgrade to something bigger. So two weeks ago I walked into my local Audi dealership and ordered a new Audi A3 1.2 TFSI S-Line with the a few options:
  • Glacier White Paint
  • S-Line Suspension
  • Interior Light Pack
  • De-Badged
  • 5 Year Warranty

I'm not a big fan of getting a lot of options so I tried to keep it to the basics as I think the A3 S-Line comes nicely equipped as standard. As a must though was the 5 year warranty, mainly because of the all new 1.2 TFSI, as new engines always seem to have a few teething problems when they first enter production, and since I'm wanting to keep this car 5 years+ I thought better to be safe than sorry, especially for an extra £545.

Anyway I ordered the car on 2nd July and got a provisional build week 37, rang the dealer up yesterday and got told this had been brought forward to week 35.

My question is how many members got a provisional build week and their A3 got confirmed & built on that week ?. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Regards Finny

Reactions: Fragup
Hi Finny and welcome :) great bunch of guys on here and will help keep you entertained during your wait ;)

What did you think of the A1? We thought A1 initially but so impressed with the A3 we ended up ordering one instead ;) we had build week 38 but after seeing your build being brought forward I thought I would call them and they said it had come forward to week 31 :) woop woop

Hi 97catalunya, thanks for the welcome :)

Oh the waiting game is a nightmare but thankfully I've been lucky so far with waiting times, my A1 only took 12 weeks from order to picking it up.

As the for A1, it's a great little car, build quality is as you'd expect from Audi, drives really smooth, handles great, but the only few things are letting it down are the boot and rear passenger space, but my main hate is the seat belt digging into my neck, and with the A1 it has no height adjustment, it means my driving positions is quite uncomfortable. If it wasn't for that I'd of probably kept the A1.

I'm still glad I've gone for the new A3 though :) it's such nice cabin to be in, even nicer than the A1. Well done on the new build week, that really is a big jump forward, it seems like quite a lot of people are getting theirs brought forward, I'll keep my fingers crossed for another jump forward in build week :D

Finny

Thanks Finny yes 7 weeks is a huge jump, starts being built next week :D

I was really impressed with the A1, infact it was the A1 that pulled me to Audi in the first place. We had test driven a few small cars but after driving the A1 I was sold instantly, great car. But just before ordering we sat in an A3 and although I was impressed with the quality of the A1 the A3 just blew it away!

Anyway hope you are just as lucky with the waiting time on your new A3. If mine does come on sept 1st then that will only be a 12 week wait for us too :)

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2