1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie introduction and question

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by biggaz76, Aug 16, 2006.

1. biggaz76

biggaz76 New Member

[Aug 16, 2006]
    Hi all, please forgive me if i commit a few grammatical mistakes, or indeed post new threads that have been discussed elsewhere!

I have recently purchased an A3 2.0 TDi Sport. No problems with it so far, however was wondering if it is possible to retro-fit the front armrest that you get with the SE. Have got an arm rest from a scrappie, hoewever, it looks like there could be some cutting involved with the centre console - something that my wife is none too pleased about. I have done a search through previous posts, however i was unable to find exactly what i was after. From what i did read though, it all seems very friendly, with most people willing to help each other out. I hope i can offer something in return!

Any help would be most gratefully recieved!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. marmite

marmite Counting the Tesco Club points

[Aug 16, 2006]
    hello and welcome
  4. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

[Aug 16, 2006]
    Ello mate Im sure it can be retro fitted... welcome
  5. icenutter

icenutter Member

[Aug 16, 2006]
    The armrest fits in a slot between the ashtray and the cubby hole. You access the bolt that holds the armrest in by removing the rear ashtray. If you haven't got a slot then you have to cut a hole in the center console! Believe it or not you can't order a console with a hole already in. If you (or your wife) are worried about cutting it it might be easier to get a console from a scrapyard with a hole cut in already.
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Aug 21, 2006]
    Hello and welcome.