Newbie here.....

S3Sport_Guy

Reaction score
Hi :hi:

As of Tuesday just gone I am now the happy owner of a new S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sprint Blue with privacy glass :yum:

Came from a Nissan 350z (owned all 3 facelift versions from 276ps to 313ps at one time or another) so it was a tough choice for me to make the move from RWD to Quattro and also faced the dilemma of stick-shift or S-Tronic - im happy so far:sm4:

Im even more happy with the timing as far as the weather is concerned - did not take a lot of snow to get the Z snowed in:sm4:

Im into my mods but will have to wait for the 3-4k mark before I start that again:sm4:

So, lets get down to business - a few questions if you dont mind answering which I never really found the answers on in the threads I checked. Doing a remap on the S3 Sportback - is the S-Tronic gearbox up to it or does that need a reflash? Will the remap increase the available torque curve up to atleast 6k RPM? Lastly, I know the S3 only has a 60 ltr tank, but the petrol gauge needle moves in the wrong direction even for my liking:ohmy: Im starting to think that the claimed 33mpg combined is optimistic? Oh, also, Shell 99RON Optimax - any benefits using it - no lambda sensor issues?

Thanks - looking forward to being involved in the forum-looks like a great site:icon_thumright: