Newbie here looking to buy my first ever Audi, advice please!

Tim17

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy an Audi A4, I imagine the B6 model as my budget is only up to £3.5k.

What should I look out for when viewing/buying? Obviously the approximate mileage of the cars I will be looking at is going to be over 80,000 miles so I'm just wondering what I should be looking for with an A4 of that approximate milage, obviously the cambelt/waterpump should have been replaced by then but apart from that I don't know :/

Also I don't know what engine to go for? I could go for the petrol 2.0 FSI, at roughly 80/90k miles, or a diesel version which will probably have over 100k on it, I don't do many miles probably less than 9000miles a year. I just want one which will last me 4/5 years to run around in which will be reliable, I'm not too bothered about how powerful it is, my main concern is to get the most reliable engine!

Any advice/comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read of the faqs thread in the A4 b6 section, lots of useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Seems like no one is interested in replying to my thread apart from a moderator haha ;) but thanks anyway Sandra ;D

Post up in the a4 section. :) x

Hey mate i just bought an a4 2.0 fsi about 4 weeks back now, fairly new to audi too.

All I can say is why did I not get one earlier lol

Also you might find something abit lower mileage I got a 52 plate with 59K FSH for 3k timing belt and coil packs done