1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Help!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lenos, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Lenos

Lenos New Member

Hi people I am a newbie

bought myself the Audi a3 2.0 tdi dsg which is basically fully loaded however come across a problem.
    it has got the sat nav built in the dash and a 6 cd changer in the glove box.
    It hasn't for the disc for the sat nav and I would really like to try to get it going properly, so I asked a pal to come over so I could try his disc and it didn't read just said no disc in drive yet a normal cd works fine.

Also I bought a 4gb SDHC card for the dash to have some music on but it won't read them neither...

am I doing something wrong?

help

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

1st of of, this is the rns-e sat nav unit that sits above the climate control in the center console with the widescreen, has buttons for radio, cd/tv, name, tel, nav, info, car, setup?

Assuming it is as you have tried an sdhc card inside behind the screen, more than likely its a mk1 unit & therefore doesn't support sdhc cards, only sd cards upto 4gb but stick with 2gb as has limitations on file numbers anyway.

What disc did he use, from which car & what year dvd & when you press the car button & then the big knob inwards, what version software does it show, photo would be good.

210_MIH likes this.
  4. Lenos

Lenos New Member

ok cool il get a picture of this when i get home, it is the navigation unit that has the dvd Slot and 2 SD Slots behind the Screen.

and great news about the SD card, i thought the unit may of been nackerd, obviously i havnt tried the 2gb SD CArd yet but il give it a try.

I think it was the 2012 disc, do you have any websites that i can obtain a disc for the unit that should work?

also not sure if you have come across this before, the rear window when i put it down and pull it back up it goes up slighly then goes back down as if something is stopping it from going up, could this just be a loose runner?

There area a few little bits on this motor that i need to sort out so when i think of another il post another question lol

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Yes that's the rns-e so no need for a pic.

No we don't support advising on the open forum of websites to supply a nav dvd.

Could be worn runner, try holding it up all the way, even when it drops down, persist, when at top hold it there for 10 seconds, see if it resets the door module motor.