1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Walsall (West Mids)

bigmoylan Feb 3, 2012

1. bigmoylan

bigmoylan Member

Hi All.

I'm James from the West Midlands

Thought I'd sign up to the forum as I am currently looking for an Audi S3 (Mk1??) 1.8T 20V either with the APY or BAM engine I dont really mind.

Not sure what else to say :)

Cheers

2. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

welcome to asn mate!!

where abouts in w. mids are you?

good luck with the car hunt, it'll deffo be worth the time and effort :)

3. bigmoylan

bigmoylan Member

I'm from Walsall,

I'ts proving so difficult to find a decent car at the moment.

and I cant put a wanted thread up on here.

I've phoned for that are within my price and travel distance range only to be told "sorry a deposit has just been taken." or words to that effect.

My mind is set now on an s3 and I have the cash waiting.

Cheers for the welcome.

4. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

just reread your post, yeah the one youre looking for is the 8l chassis (8p being the newer shape)

i had one before my a4, loved it
    if you can try and buy a bam or amk engined s3 (engine codes)

the best and latest engines to be put in an 8l so had a few revisions to the earlier engines ironing out any creases they had ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Hi James, welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum.

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Welcome to the site mate, have a gander over on the 8L section, you should be able to put a post up in there with what you are after, im sure you will get plenty of info there...

Oh and good to see another West Midlander on the forum.

7. bigmoylan

bigmoylan Member

Cheers for the Welcomes :)

I picked up a low mileage (for what is around in the 210 models) Silver S3 Yesterday!!

So I will be on here alot more.

8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Awesome, get some pics up in the 8L section and nice one for getting the fastest colour too :)

9. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

welcome to audi-sport

10. grantDUBshaw

grantDUBshaw Active Member

Welcome to ASN

Im also from the West Midlands too

Enjoy..

11. Nilz

Whereabouts dude and what you driving?

12. grantDUBshaw

grantDUBshaw Active Member

Halesowen if you know it, yourself? and a 57 plate A3 Sportback in Dolphin Grey, S-Line with private plate :) you?

13. Nilz

Hi Mate, sorry for the late reply, I do know Halesowen, I used to work for ADT who have a big office there.