1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie from stoke

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by shawryboy, May 13, 2011.

1. shawryboy

shawryboy Member

[May 13, 2011]
    hi all ! I'm currently driving a 8l 2001 s3 very clean example with 64000 genuine miles and i love it ( pics on my profile). had it for bout 6 months and now I'm looking to do a bit of pimpin 8@ ! I'm new to this forum thingy first forum iv ever joined and thought it would be a good time to join and get the right kinda advice. I'm looking to fit some bmw x5 19" rims (snowflake style) which iv posted another thread on lookin for advice but also if any one could help me with info on what recirculating/semi recirculating dump/transfer valve would be best to fit ? and also which of you guys have tried and tested cold air intakes that work well aswell? all feedback would be vmuch appreciated thanx, shawryboy:happy:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2011]
    Welcome shawryboy, i'm down in Stoke quite abit so may see you around :)

As for DV's the Forge 007p and Bailey DV30 are the most popular choices
  4. shawryboy

shawryboy Member

[May 14, 2011]
    cool thanx sandip ! il go check them out. see u about :thumbsup:
  5. shawryboy

shawryboy Member

[May 14, 2011]
    these dv look fully recirculating ? is there a semi recirculating or atmospheric dv that can be fitted or will they just flag up my engine managment light im after the performance aspect but would also possibly like a bit of "tsssshhh" ?
  6. shawryboy

shawryboy Member

[May 22, 2011]
    just fitted a piper x filter from a st150 brand new ebay bargain 25 quid ! its to fit a st150 but the kit fits perfectly/runs perfectly with the s3 and sounds awesome. Its really woken up the standard dv and @ low revs it draws a real deep rumble. next step i think is to ad a 50/50 forge dump valve and chop out the middle silencer box.
    any more ideas people ??????? [​IMG]
    Pictures by shawryboy - Photobucket
    Last edited: May 22, 2011