Newbie from Aberdeenshire

C6 DRN

living the dream
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hello! I have just decided to make the move to Audi. I am 21 now and have had vauxhalls since I was 17 (3 corsa B's & a D) I decided to change to Audi after my dad getting the A4 S-line and just the build quality and the quality of the drive is second to none if you ask me. After looking into A3's I have found a A3 2.0 TDI (170) Sport 5dr 2007 with 34k on the clock at my local audi dealer. The car has really been looked after and I am very happy with it.

Here's a few pictures from the dealer as I don't have it home yet!

08dab831ce3be1e4cb2bad16e9f09aee_zpsc6fb7056.jpg

9aae5a5b07253f6c361539b9982f8666_zpsf135e602.jpg

f3ff045d3f6fa7ad708b08da5e42cc8c_zps168f6c63.jpg

4d8bef8ab00d46f04ce5ce68d380bc00_zpscad426d7.jpg

Any comments or recommendations for modifications welcome.

Thanks

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice looking car. Its good to have another Scottish member, i will put a link below to our scottish meets/events section. Have a look over in the A3 8P section, read the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland

Hey there, welcome to ASN and Audi ownership. As for mod ideas... don't look at N8's profile and you should be ok :ninja:

jk, there's WAY more than enough inspiration and ideas for all tastes on here, and there's always someone willing to help you find/source/fit or individualize any mods you have your eye on.

I think DPF delete is the sensible first step on TDis.

Thanks for the welcomes!

About the DPF. I live in Ellon and work at Dingbro in aberdeen a good 40 mile drive roughly a day, would you still recommend removing it? I have only heard of problems with the DPF through short city driving...

Also can anyone point me in the way of any project threads of the same car as mine 5dr? I'm struggling to find haha.

Thanks

Last edited:
​Car is looking good, are You pleased with it? :) x

​Car is looking good, are You pleased with it? :) x

Hi Sandra,

sorry took so long to reply have been busy! :)

love the car! so pleased... will post pictures tonight of a few new modifications.

Thought i would update you all on the progress with this as i have it back on the road.

Untill about 3 weeks ago car still looked the same as the day i got it apart from de-badged and added my short number plates...

then i decided to spice it up a bit.. lowered 50mm on the rear 40 at the front, led side lights, no plate & interior lights.. and also sprayed the front and rear Audi badges gloss black.

so it was looking like this..

next was the yellow fogs

then i finally got round to the wheels.. i went for the 18" S-line wheels.

Also my team heko wind deflectors arrived today but haven't got any pictures of that yet.

cheers.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Looking good, that wheels really suit you motor.

Another Dingbro employee, we must be getting paid too much being able to buy Audis. :whistle2:

Darren, car is looking amazing, now we just need to get you to a meeting so we can see it, and you get to meet us all. :friends:We are a good crowd and all of us are very frendly. :) x

Darren, car is looking amazing, now we just need to get you to a meeting so we can see it, and you get to meet us all. :friends:We are a good crowd and all of us are very frendly. :) x

I know i really have to meet you lot. AITP is too far away for me.. but one of the next meets that is in scotland you lot will be at i will be at! :)

Welcome sir... I'm sure I recognise your reg from the A90 whacky races in the morning!! What time you on the road?

Hmm.. I normally drive a big Dingbro van... Have had my car in the odd day...normally on the road around 7-7:30... You?

Hi Darren,

I work at Aberdeen City Kittybrewster as a HGV mechanic would nice to meet you if deliver to us.

Gordon

Fit like Darren, seen your car the other day, didnt realise it was yours tho. VH to Audi, you must be moving up in the world lol ;)

Fit like Darren, seen your car the other day, didnt realise it was yours tho. VH to Audi, you must be moving up in the world lol ;)

Haha yeah a good move also! Love the Audi. What you driving nowadays I can never keep up with you haha. Seen you a few times today in the Evo, my mrs driving mine as slightly hungover! Ha

Haha yeah a good move also! Love the Audi. What you driving nowadays I can never keep up with you haha. Seen you a few times today in the Evo, my mrs driving mine as slightly hungover! Ha

Yeah I was out in the Evo, I did give you a wave lol.
But yeah your right I do tend to go through a lot of cars! The Evo and the A4 avant are the only 2 I have at the moment. Absolutely no plans for any more!!

Here is some of the latest pictures i have with my wind deflectors on and my wheels done in gloss black. As you may notice i lost the drivers side rear deflector the first day... rageing! if anyone knows where i could get a single one let me know :)

and a cheeky reflection shot!

That's an impressive reflection... if only it were easier to keep it that black.

LOL unlucky, did you nea put the clips in that you gt with the deflectors?

Im not having a great time with deflectors either, one of them shattered when installing!!